PDA

View Full Version : quicshine-the spray and wipe in a can type

gmblack3
12-03-2005, 05:54 PM
http://www.quicshine.net/

The guy I sold my vette to has used it after trackdays. I saw him do it and it just takes the rubber marks right off.

Has anybody else used it?

I`m just wondering how much its scratching the surface?

Thanks!

ptim
12-03-2005, 06:28 PM
The website says it is a revolutionary new product in the automotive appearance products industry. I used it approx. 10 years ago, didnt care too much for it.

gmblack3
12-03-2005, 06:56 PM
The website says it is a revolutionary new product in the automotive appearance products industry. I used it approx. 10 years ago, didnt care too much for it.

:grinno:

Was it the exact same? Name and all?

pontman43
12-03-2005, 09:26 PM
By "took the rubber marks right off" do you mean the rubber from burn outs?

imported_truzoom
12-03-2005, 09:30 PM
Another Dri Wash `n Guard clone?

gmblack3
12-04-2005, 04:33 AM
By "took the rubber marks right off" do you mean the rubber from burn outs?

No the real track, as in a road course. :chuckle:

You get all kind of black marks from the track tires throwing up chunks of rubber on the car, also from the cars in front of you.

I used to tape the car up on the lower parts to protect the paint. New owner prefers to just use the quicshine.

Another Dri Wash `n Guard clone?

I`ll have to check into that to see if it works as well, the quicshine is $11 a can. :(

theamcguy
12-04-2005, 08:09 AM
It`s been around awhile at least 7-8 years. I tried it awhile back when I was trying to find a replacement for IMHO the best spraywax in a can that ever was Classic Wax. I tried it and it does not do anything. Shines a little but removes hardly any marks. There are lots of other products out there better than Quick Shine. Stoner`s Speed Bead, and Optimum Spray Wax come to mind. But on the other hand I have never found a product as good at removing marks, dirt, etc and leaving a shine like Classic Wax in a spray can.

gmblack3
12-04-2005, 12:06 PM
It`s been around awhile at least 7-8 years. I tried it awhile back when I was trying to find a replacement for IMHO the best spraywax in a can that ever was Classic Wax. I tried it and it does not do anything. Shines a little but removes hardly any marks. There are lots of other products out there better than Quick Shine. Stoner`s Speed Bead, and Optimum Spray Wax come to mind. But on the other hand I have never found a product as good at removing marks, dirt, etc and leaving a shine like Classic Wax in a spray can.

Are you sure we are talking about the same product?

quicshine?

I`ve seen it work myself, it takes off track rubber without any effort.

ptim
12-05-2005, 11:14 AM
:grinno:

Was it the exact same? Name and all?

If it was called QuicShine 99, then yes, I bought it from a body shop at that time

gmblack3
12-05-2005, 02:24 PM
If it was called QuicShine 99, then yes, I bought it from a body shop at that time

thanks for your reply.