PDA

View Full Version : A little torqued

imported_mosborn9
12-03-2005, 02:04 PM
Went to apply the final wax for the year only to find my Zaino ZFX had crystallized. The last time I had used it was in July. The lid was tightly closed and inside the bottle it arrived in. I keep all my products indoors in a cabinet. According to the website ZFX should be used within 18 months for optimum results. I purchased the product in May of this year and had used it a couple of times. Always recapping it and restoring it immediately in the bottle after mixing. At $19.95 a bottle if this happens again I will have to consider alternatives.

Note: I went ahead with the Z2 and plan to let it dry overnight in the garage. We’ll see how it goes tomorrow.

atticdog
12-03-2005, 02:13 PM
It should work fine

you really only need zfx for the 1st coat or to do several coats in one day

contact Sal if you purchaced your zfx this year he will take care of it

ZaneO
12-03-2005, 03:42 PM
The Z2 will be fine without it (in a single application).

Call Sal, and he`ll replace your ZFX for free.

imported_mosborn9
12-03-2005, 07:22 PM
I`ll see what Sal says. Right now I`m clueless as to why it went bad so quickly.

impulsebrklyn
12-03-2005, 07:41 PM
yeah I got mine this summer and its garbage already. Im starting to get pissed off myself. I even make sure I keep the little container tight and I put it one of the big container and make sure that it tight. Its getting annoying. Same thing happen the beginning of this season when I had to purchase my current useless zfx. Chris

atticdog
12-03-2005, 07:44 PM
i think Sal has done something to it now so it wont have this problem

imported_memnuts
12-04-2005, 04:33 AM
Call Sal. If your ZFX has been purchased within the last 18 months he will replace it.

If you purchased from a distributor according to Sal, the same replacement policy still applies. :hifive:

Sal has tweaked the formulation recently to make it less prone to solidification when stored properly (in your case it appears so) but performs just as well as before.

You should have no problems applying a single layer of Z polish over an established Z layer no using ZFX.

Hope this helps