PDA

View Full Version : What products to use on a white car?

Pages : [1] 2

corsa_sport
12-03-2005, 11:27 AM
I`ve got SSR 2.5, speed glaze, chemicalguys`s top coat paint sealant and butter wet wax, which combo looks better on white?

thanks

Thomas Dekany
12-03-2005, 12:56 PM
I`ve got SSR 2.5, speed glaze, chemicalguys`s top coat paint sealant and butter wet wax, which combo looks better on white?

thanks

My process would be:

wash

clay

ssr2.5

CG`s paint sealant

butter wet wax

or start layering the sealant weekly & forget about the wax.

JeffM
12-03-2005, 01:08 PM
Wont matter, its white.

imported_Neothin
12-03-2005, 04:31 PM
Wont matter, its white.

:lol

tdekany`s process will turn out nicely. The main thing to remember when your working on a white car is that you need to have the other parts of the car in the best condition that you can. In other words, your tires, wheel wells, and trim have to be as black as they can be. Have the windows be completely spotless. etc etc etc. You want to give as much contrast as you can to the white. This will make the paint really stand out and look awesome.

Mitchubishievo
12-03-2005, 11:17 PM
EX-P does wonders on white...

HomicidalSloth
12-04-2005, 12:11 AM
EX-P does wonders on white...

I agree, I think it would look great. I used EX w/ carnuba on a white SUV a while back, and it turned out very nice.

corsa_sport
12-04-2005, 03:44 AM
ok, let`s suppose I had 4*UPP, poorboys EX and EX-P, which one would I use to look better on white?

slov98
12-04-2005, 07:15 AM
You can make a white really glossy and shiny. I`ve used UPP and EX-P on white with about the same results, I recommend them both. The good thing about white is that it hides imperfections in the paint like swirls and scratches. With tinted windows white looks even better IMO

Pats300zx
12-04-2005, 07:25 AM
I used AIO/UPP on my new white Toyota 4Runner. I was pretty impressed with the shine and debated between UPP and EX-P. The reflections were great and the paint was super slick.

I just applied a coat of Collonite 845 for the winter. We shall see how it holds up on top of UPP.

Wasatch
12-04-2005, 08:56 AM
:lol

tdekany`s process will turn out nicely. The main thing to remember when your working on a white car is that you need to have the other parts of the car in the best condition that you can. In other words, your tires, wheel wells, and trim have to be as black as they can be. Have the windows be completely spotless. etc etc etc. You want to give as much contrast as you can to the white. This will make the paint really stand out and look awesome.

I whole heartedly agree, contrast is the key for white to stand out and the prep process.

whiteg240
12-04-2005, 09:13 AM
I agree with the Klasse AIO comment. It will clean your paint. I`ve also had good results with Liquid Glass, but I`ve heard that Liquid Glass will pretty much take off any kind protection that you`ve had before. But to each their own.

The comment about contrast couldn`t be any truer. Whats black needs to be black, and whats white needs to be white!

White95Max
12-04-2005, 12:27 PM
Liquid Glass contains abrasives, so yes it will remove any protective layers previously applied to the car.

I used EX-P and UPP on my Maxima, and while both of them looked excellent, the UPP lasted longer, beaded better, and was slicker. I think the paint looked wetter as well.

pontman43
12-04-2005, 08:33 PM
Here is EX-p

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a18/pontman43/Yukon/IMAG0007.jpg

Here is Extreme top coat sealant

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a18/pontman43/Tacoma/IMAG0180.jpg

I`ll let you decide.

TBayMax
12-05-2005, 01:17 AM
Good info...I was curious what to use on my pearl white paint. I need to focus on my black areas more...particularly the wheel wells!

corsa_sport
12-05-2005, 07:10 AM
from the pictures above EX-P looks wetter than top coat.

what about just EX, will it look good?

from what i`m getting, syntethic sealants work better on white than carnauba based sealants, is that so?