PDA

View Full Version : RoadSaver Sealant & Asphalt Remover

milani
12-03-2005, 10:32 AM
I have a big job ahead of me. My wife drives a Polar White Nissan Armada (further known as "The Bus"). I washed "The Bus" after a couple of months (I know, I know...) and to much horror, I noticed that the whole body is covered with little tiny specks of tar from the constant construction going on around us. The weather has been crappy for a while, and had not been able to wash it for some time. I need a good product to get this stuff off. I was just on ExcelDetail and saw this:

RoadSaver (http://www.prestostore.com/cgi-bin/store.pl?ref=exceldetail&ct=47673&pd=238565)

I was just going to order it, but I was wondering if this would be suitable for what I need, or can someone suggest something else? I really don`t want to use bug & tar remover on the entire "Bus". I know I will definitely use almost an entire clay bar on this thing after whatever I use... If I had a picture, I would post it, but I am too embarrased that I let it get this way in the first place. :wall

TIA!

MorBid
12-03-2005, 04:31 PM
Well if your going to clay the entire vehicle, that "should" remove the bugs and road tar/asphalt.

I mean that is what clay is for in addition to paint overspray and other contaminants.

You can clay the car right after washing it by not drying after the wash, put some more soapy water on a panel and go at it with the clay. re-wash and rinse the panels when done and then continue on with the detail.

You can buy bug/tar remover at any auto supply store (Pepboys, Auto Zone etc) and it`s always nice to have some on hand in case you encounter something Claying can`t get off.

I`m not knocking that product cuz I never heard of it but I would try claying first and see where that gets you.

PS

There is nothing wrong with doing an entire car with Tar remover if that is what it takes