PDA

View Full Version : brand new car detailing? what to use?

imported_Kyle
12-03-2005, 01:20 AM
Hello, just got my new toy, IS350. :clap:

Since I never detailed on brand new car, I would like to hear your opinion what to do.

I have currently the following items with me:

#83 DACP

#9 Swirl Remover

Z1

Z2

Z6

S100

NXT

Any suggestion what I should start with ?

Thanks!

HomicidalSloth
12-03-2005, 04:39 AM
Congratulations! What color is it?

Anyway, since it`s a new car, I wouldn`t imagine it would need any polishing (unless it has swirl marks/defects, of course). Assuming the paint is in good condition already, I would put NXT on, twice (maybe using the PC, depending on which you want to do) and giving the NXT time to cure between layers. Then I`d top it with S100.

If the paint needs cleaning up or slight defect removal, maybe go over it with #83 and a not-very-agressive pad before applying the NXT.

Mikeyc
12-03-2005, 07:33 AM
I would wash and clay the car. Then, I would polish with a non-abrasive polish and top with a sealant or wax. I don`t see a polish on your list like that though. So, I would go out and pick something up like Klasse AIO or Jeff`s Prime. Alternatively, you could use NXT instead of polishing then LSP because NXT has cleaners in it. However, IMO you would get a better result going with a polish then LSP.

BTW, IS350 is a nice car. I was tossing around the thought of getting one in the spring. First, I have to get a job though as I am currently an unemployed MBA student.

atticdog
12-03-2005, 07:40 AM
since its new and you have zaino

I would wash

clay

z1

z2 3 coats 12 hours apart

imported_Kyle
12-03-2005, 06:53 PM
since its new and you have zaino

I would wash

clay

z1

z2 3 coats 12 hours apart

I already used 1 layer NXT but I would use Zaino next time to compare.

Now one question, Zaino products I have is like 2,3 yrs old, do they have any expire date?

atticdog
12-03-2005, 07:19 PM
then i would do do another coat of nxt for now

Porkanbeans
12-03-2005, 07:33 PM
Congrats on your purchase! Those new IS350s are sweet. I`m assuming by your avatar that it`s black. Something like Red Machine Glaze and Carnauba Moose Wax would look killer. Unless you have dealer installed swirls, there isn`t a need for DACP. Just a light polish or glaze will do the trick.

About NXT, I noticed you had it listed last in your plan. NXT has cleaners I believe, so it would just strip your layer of S100.

Be sure to post some pics when you`re done. I can`t wait to see a dripping black IS!

atticdog
12-03-2005, 07:35 PM
I think the only product he applied is nxt if i read it corectly

imported_Kyle
12-03-2005, 08:16 PM
Sorry color is bluish white.

Black one is my previous sc400.

yes I just applied 1 layer of NXT, and planning another layer of NXT, then S100.

Does S100 strip layer of NXT?

I will post pics later.

thx

kb798
12-03-2005, 10:39 PM
Sorry color is bluish white.

Black one is my previous sc400.

yes I just applied 1 layer of NXT, and planning another layer of NXT, then S100.

Does S100 strip layer of NXT?

I will post pics later.

thx

Not at all - if anything, NXT would strip any layers under it.

HomicidalSloth
12-03-2005, 11:54 PM
Not at all - if anything, NXT would strip any layers under it.

Yeah, NXT contains cleaners, though not much. Since it doesn`t contain tons of cleaners, you CAN layer NXT, but not beyond 2 coats or so or it just cleans itself off. Because of that, you`ll want NXT to be the bottom-most layer. S100 won`t strip anything, it`s just a last step product, so you can top NXT with it with no problems.