PDA

View Full Version : Scott`s Mobile Auto Detailing and Moving

Scottwax
12-02-2005, 06:10 PM
Well, at least today it was.

I have a regular customer who sold his other house in Jackson, Mississippi and moved everything inside he didn`t sell back to his house here in Dallas. A friend and his son were going to help him unload the truck this morning but the son came down with food posioning last night. I should also mention it was pretty cold this morning (around 38) when I got there and with the truck and ramp, there really wasn`t much space to clean his cars in.

He asked if instead I would help them unload the truck and he`d pay me $30 an hour to do it. Sure, why not? It would have been a PITA to clean his cars in a very limited area in the cold air, plus no wet hands on a cold, windy morning. :)

I ended up making more than I would have just washing his two cars in about the same amount of time.

Any of y`all done other work besides detailing for your customers? I`ve cleaned out a few garages on rainy days.

Super
12-02-2005, 06:36 PM
gigolo j/k

pontman43
12-02-2005, 08:05 PM
:har: :har:

wannafbody
12-02-2005, 09:37 PM
that`s customer service-you`ll probably have a customer for life

Scottwax
12-02-2005, 09:47 PM
that`s customer service-you`ll probably have a customer for life

About 10 1/2 years now with this customer. http://www.slicky.net/smilies/xmasthumbup.gif

Thomas Dekany
12-02-2005, 09:49 PM
I ended up driving a saab to arkansas from DC at $150.00 a day plus food/gas/hotel/plain ticket to return. :xyxthumbs (it was that filthy Jetta owner last summer)

imported_ajbarnes
12-03-2005, 06:39 AM
I helped clean an elderly customer`s townhome because her knees were in bad shape. Pretty much the same as scott ($30 an hour).

DaGonz
12-03-2005, 09:36 AM
I have a client who had a minor stroke last year. He is a neighbor of mine ( just down the street)) He was advised by his doctors not to do strenuous activity like snow removal, and with his diabetes his eyesight has detriorated to the point where he can no longer drive. I detail his wife`s 2004 Toyota Sienna for him on a regular basis.

He asked me if I knew anyone who would take care of his snow removal. He had made a few calls and the companies he called would only do the driveway for $50 per storm up to 6 inches, $75 for any snow amount over 6. He also wanted to have the path to his shed out back, the patio so he could access to his bird feeders and the front walkway done. All they did were driveways.

I told him that I could do it for him. After I do my house, I just grab the shovel for small snowfalls or put the snowthrower in gear and do the sidewalk down the hill to his house. He pays me $30 per storm ( I don`t charge him for small snowfalls) and always has the coffee or hot chocolate on while I am there. Last year, he gave me an extra $100 to "cover" the small dustings of snow.

Spilchy
12-03-2005, 03:43 PM
I snow blow my neighbors` properties for free because I love doing it!!

But as far as detailing clients - I have done computer work. Setting up new machines, connecting peripherals, internet connection. I have done complete system rebuilds, spyware removal and prevention, anti-virus work, system software updates, closing security loop holes, troubleshooting, simple tutorials, etc... Most give me between $100 - $250.

They ask how much and I let them decide what to pay me. They are always generous because without me, they`d be clueless!