PDA

View Full Version : propel pad recommendation

tommyortom
11-30-2005, 10:38 PM
i need some pads soon for my PC. as for now..i will only be working on my car and maybe my familes. my car is pretty decent..just light swirls and scratches...nothing major. from a few feet away with 2 layers of NXT, it looks really nice.

anyways, i plan on getting a black finishing pad, and a green pad. so far, i only have optimum polish. what other aggresive pad would you suggest incase i need it on my car, or on another car? orange or yellow?

Ed Fisher
11-30-2005, 10:46 PM
Both... you never know what the case will turn out to be... better keep your arsenal full instead of stand there wishing you had it...

tommyortom
11-30-2005, 10:50 PM
will a green polishing pad leave a smooth finish? or do you always have to follow up with a blue pad?

White95Max
11-30-2005, 10:55 PM
A green pad will leave a perfect finish with OCP or something like SSR2 or 2.5.

Glossmaster
11-30-2005, 10:57 PM
I want the new Propel pads!!!! lol

Ed Fisher
11-30-2005, 11:00 PM
will a green polishing pad leave a smooth finish? or do you always have to follow up with a blue pad?

You do not always HAVE to use them in a row... check and inspect your results before you take the next step.

However, there is always room for perfection. I` d say you use a fluorescent light with a "cold-white" tube to see your results. It is ruthless when it shows any blemishes or parts you are not satisfied with. There are case where I did long hand-buffings after I used all my pads in succession... But if you did the prepping and waxing good enough, you may even want to finish off with a final inspection and MF touch...

I mean not to be vague but well, this is how it goes...

Good luck

imported_truzoom
11-30-2005, 11:59 PM
I would get them all. I got the 3 pad kit (green,blue,black) and I am finding the need to purchase more aggressive pads to handle jobs I do for friends or family. If you can, it may be worthwhile to wait for the 2nd version pads, as they seem to be much better in terms of quality and flexibility.