PDA

View Full Version : Do you think this will buff out?

imported_lix
11-30-2005, 11:15 AM
When a £32k Lotus Exige meets unprofessional "detailer"... :eek:

A company director took his £32,000 sports car to be cleaned - and it quickly turned into a crumpled heap. Dan Gould`s Lotus Exige was found crashed into two stationary cars, 30 minutes after he took it to a valet firm in Exeter.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/england/devon/4484212.stm

imported_Neothin
11-30-2005, 12:11 PM
I was absolutely gutted when I saw it because of all the time and effort that`s been put into it.

time and effort? Is it that physically straining to drive it to a detail shop? whimp! Sucks that it happened to such a nice car though. Those lotus`s are sexy as all heck. I can`t wait to see the supercharged track version come out.

imported_lix
11-30-2005, 12:14 PM
time and effort? Is it that physically straining to drive it to a detail shop? whimp! Sucks that it happened to such a nice car though. Those lotus`s are sexy as all heck. I can`t wait to see the supercharged track version come out.Maybe he means the time and effort he`s put into his business to be able to afford the car :nixweiss

The Exige is a lovely car though, they look like a bug and can change direction as quickly!

Asonyexec
11-30-2005, 12:28 PM
" Dan Gould`s Lotus Exige was found crashed into two stationary cars 30 minutes after he took it to a valet firm in Exeter. "

First paragraph states the car`s owner delivered the car to the detailer. Anywho, I sure hope that valet service has a good insurance policy.

psl car wash
11-30-2005, 05:12 PM
http://autopia.org/gallery/data/500/lotus.jpg

that is ONE of the advantages of us MOBILE detailers.....dont have to take that chance. bet he`ll never go to that carwash ever again!! HAHA!

Scottwax
11-30-2005, 09:53 PM
http://autopia.org/gallery/data/500/lotus.jpg

that is ONE of the advantages of us MOBILE detailers.....dont have to take that chance. bet he`ll never go to that carwash ever again!! HAHA!

:werd: When you have a car like that, you have to be very careful who you take it too. A lot of people just can`t resist the temptation to take out a car like that.

psl car wash
11-30-2005, 09:55 PM
:werd: When you have a car like that, you have to be very careful who you take it too. A lot of people just can`t resist the temptation to take out a car like that.

i got 4 words for that......................

feris buellers day off. :LOLOL

Ed Fisher
11-30-2005, 10:42 PM
i got 4 words for that......................

feris buellers day off. :LOLOL

I once spied on a detailer after leaving my garage queen (black `52 Chrysler) for an ozone job (I have it ozoned every 6 months in order to avoid any bacteria or mould since its door gaskets and headliner, upholstery etc are original.) I saw the guys treating the cars like crap.

Especially this one guy backed up the Nissan Skyline GT so fast and swirved it around with a handbrake pull, my heart just sank and hit my stomach ! I just imagined them doing that with my black beauty !

I went to the boss and told him what I saw (as though the sucker wasn`t there) NOW HOLD ON TIGHT : he said his staff were tight on time and schedule and they had to act fast !!!

I did act fast too, telling the guys to get that ozone machine the $½#@£ out of my car and let me get out of there !!

Dammit can`t we trust anyone these days ??!!! :angry