PDA

View Full Version : New Car New Color

baker
11-30-2005, 04:14 AM
Hi all:

Just traded my 2002 sand colored Maxima, the shiniest car in Bridgewater, for a brilliant red 2006 Audi A3. In your opinion, the best wax / sealant for this color is, from my choices only please, I have no more money, only a new car, Meg #5 new car glaze, S100 paste wax, Meg #26 hi tech yellow was, gold class, eagle 1, or Zymol auto polish. Thanks for any input.

cwcad
11-30-2005, 04:22 AM
Using your products my vote would be to top with S100. The other products that you have could be used in conjuction with the detail to get wonderful resutls.

What process did you use with your other shiny vehicle?

baker
11-30-2005, 04:26 AM
That was also my top pick, my other car was a continuing experiment, but the result was good. I used all of the above in varying combinations, mostly a learning experiment for me.

baker
11-30-2005, 04:55 AM
Forgot to ad this. This is my first car with leather. What must i do to it and recommendations for products please. Are Meguiars leather wipes any good, or should I get a spray type product.

Accumulator
11-30-2005, 08:10 AM
Congrats on the new Audi!

I`ve found that Audi leather isn`t all that delicate (so not a big deal to treat it all the time) nor is it all that particular about what leather treatment you use on it (so use whatever you like and see how it goes).

Do keep the steering wheel clean and treated (not too much, don`t make it slippery!) and get a sunshade for the windshield if you park in the sun a lot. The leather on the wheel is about the only leather you have to worry about.

I`d use the S100 if you like the brightness of the color or the #26 if you want to make it a little deeper/darker. Use the #5 first if you have any light marring to hide.

baker
12-27-2005, 07:28 AM
Lets see if I can get a pic posted...

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y121/baker32/audi1.jpg

cwcad
12-27-2005, 07:42 AM
Nice car!! Cold lookin weather!

Nit picking here..next time use the IMG tag to post in the thread. Saves looking on another screen. When you post pic`s again it is easier to compare pic`s.