PDA

View Full Version : American Or European Brands

Miami_vice
11-29-2005, 04:32 PM
What do you guys prefer, for some reason i prefer European Leather Conditioners,

But overall made in U.S.A gives me that extra confidence.

White95Max
11-29-2005, 04:51 PM
I want the best, even if it costs more to have it imported. I have Pinnacle`s Leather Cleaner/Conditioner, and I also have Einzett Lederpflege. Both are excellent products IMO.

Scottwax
11-29-2005, 05:06 PM
Doesn`t matter to me. I use LSPs from America and Germany. Whatever works is fine.

imported_Amused
11-29-2005, 05:18 PM
these aren`t cars :chuckle:

whatever works gets my vote.

imported_Neothin
11-29-2005, 09:19 PM
It really doesn`t matter to me. An awesome product is an awesome product regardless of where it came from. I use everything from poorboy`s to pinnacle.

buellwinkle
11-29-2005, 09:52 PM
I buy the best product for the job, price and country of origin is secondary but consider that you have some large companies in the U.S. that have been at it for many years that have developed products tat work in various climatic conditions not present in Germany. For example, I live in the southwest were it gets pretty warm, easily over 100F and it`s extremely dry much of the year, nothing like Germany so I can`t expect them to understand how their products react in these extreme cases. I think people get facinated with imported products that are priced high thinking it`s better and in some cases they maybe right but I can`t imagine that they are consistantly better at everything, afterall, they can`t seem to make a realiable car.

percynjpn
11-29-2005, 09:52 PM
I agree, but the only one I have at present is 1Z.

Mikeyc
11-29-2005, 10:11 PM
When I buy something whether it`s wax or a shirt I really don`t care where it`s made. I`m proud to be an American and I support the USA. However, it`s important to me that when I spend my money that I get the best product I can. Besides, a lot of products manufactured in foreign countries are done so for US companies and some products manufactured in the US are done so for foreign companies. In today`s global economy what does made in the USA really mean anymore?

I had a good friend in college who always insisted that products made in the USA were the best. He refused to buy a foreign car. So, he bought a Plymouth. It ended up being a piece of junk and I think he spent more $$$ in repairs than he did to purchase the car. After that experience he decided to try a Honda Accord. He loves it and hasn`t had a problem with it. Ironically, I believe it was assembled at the Honda plant in OH.

Ed Fisher
11-29-2005, 11:15 PM
Sonax and Arexxons rock and rule !!!

Glossmaster
11-30-2005, 06:44 PM
When I buy something whether it`s wax or a shirt I really don`t care where it`s made. I`m proud to be an American and I support the USA. However, it`s important to me that when I spend my money that I get the best product I can. Besides, a lot of products manufactured in foreign countries are done so for US companies and some products manufactured in the US are done so for foreign companies. In today`s global economy what does made in the USA really mean anymore?

I had a good friend in college who always insisted that products made in the USA were the best. He refused to buy a foreign car. So, he bought a Plymouth. It ended up being a piece of junk and I think he spent more $$$ in repairs than he did to purchase the car. After that experience he decided to try a Honda Accord. He loves it and hasn`t had a problem with it. Ironically, I believe it was assembled at the Honda plant in OH.

I agree with you Mikeyc. I`m quite proud to be an American! We`re very fortunate to live in a free country!! When it comes to where products are made.........I want the best......It doesn`t really make a difference where it`s made. I just want what works best for me. However.....Cars & trucks are a different story! I`ll never buy an American made car again after owning a 2000 Honda Accord EX V6. I loved that car. Honda`s are well made, that`s for sure. I traded it in last year for my new 2005 Toyota Tacoma. So far, I`m liking the Tacoma. Well made & a nice V6 as well. It`s just not a Honda!! A month after I bought my Tacoma, the Ridgeline came out. If you can get past the "unique look" of the Ridgeline you`ll see it`s a well made truck. Maybe next year!

Intercooled
11-30-2005, 06:51 PM
I`ll take what works best. As far vehicles go.......I`ll never buy another Asian car again. I would like to try a german car like a BMW. But I have a toyota and it totally SUC&*!! I dont care what most people say I like American cars and muscle!!

Richt
12-01-2005, 04:16 AM
Whatever works best for me.