PDA

View Full Version : 303 Spot Remover vs. APC/SG/Oxy Clean

Bioman
11-28-2005, 06:01 PM
Recently detailed a friends car with pretty bad stains on the mats. Stains consisted of various liquids and were set in for probably months. My usual process is mixing Oxy Clean (3 tsp) to a gallon of water and adding a couple ounces of SG to that mixture. I just eyeball everything.

Then I work the mixture into the mats and scrub. I let it sit for 20 min and then scrub again and wash it off and vacuum dry it with my wetvac. This process got rid of a lot of dirt and other things (as expected), but it didn`t really get rid of the stains. I tried doing it again, but this time I pre-treated some oxy clean and SG directly onto the stains. Stains are still there.

Is there something wrong with products/process?

I am thinking of getting some 303 spot remover/cleaner. Worth it?

Mikeyc
11-28-2005, 06:16 PM
IMO some stains just don`t come out. Personally, I use Folex. I have heard good things about 303 fabric cleaner too. However, you can buy Folex at Home Depot, Lowes, Target, and Wal Mart. So, if you want to try it you can pick it up easily.

az57chevy
11-28-2005, 10:01 PM
I`ve noticed that 303 sometimes will "bleach" or lighten the surrounding area. I`ve learned to scrub and rinse well.

Word to the wise, I`ve always get the stain out with 303