PDA

View Full Version : Placing my first online wax order

imported_dirtdiggler
11-28-2005, 12:32 PM
Hello all,

This is a great site and i have been reading and searching as much as I can.

I am about to place an order for what I hope will be able to handle most of my needs.

As of now my order will be :

Megs #80 and 83 – polish, my cars paint is new condition with an exception of one care with spiderwebbing.

Klasse AIO

Klasse SG

PB Natty blue

Have I missed anything ?

Btw. Thanks Neothin for the Excel site, I placed a 5/7†and 4†pad kit per your recommendation.

Thank you

Fran

imported_Neothin
11-28-2005, 01:06 PM
Looks good, maybe consider picking up a few towels and maybe a QD with your order to maintain the finish once youve waxed it? I use pakshak and excel towels, both are great. For a QD I use quikshine. There are others out there that other people use, just run a search and bunches of threads will come up.

imported_dirtdiggler
11-30-2005, 06:51 AM
Update,

I have not placed my online order yet, I am still on the fence. After reading more about meguiars #80 for polish, it states that it contains fillers and oils. Since my budget is around 80 bucks, I would like to carefully purchase the correct product for my application. My thoughts is using #80 then AIO will remove the filler and start the process again and use up time.

Application will be on a 2000 Toyota Camry in burgandy that I purchased used and the dealership horribly detailed. I tried the 3M 39003 and sealed it with Megs nxt and mothers carnuba, but after a 2 weeks the spiderwebbing re-appeared, which stated that I may have not used the 3M correctly or enough or maybe switch to another brand.

So after reading more, this is my revised order:

Poorboys SSR1 and 2 – no oils or filler

Klasse twins

Poorboys Natty blue.

It seems that the PB SSR line may complement the Klasse AIO and SG.

Comments or suggestions.

Thank you

gmblack3
11-30-2005, 07:17 AM
So after reading more, this is my revised order:

Poorboys SSR1 and 2 – no oils or filler

Klasse twins

Poorboys Natty blue.

It seems that the PB SSR line may complement the Klasse AIO and SG.

Comments or suggestions.

Thank you

Looks like you got a nice lineup. I sent you a PM so check that before you order.

:wavey

imported_dirtdiggler
12-01-2005, 04:13 AM
Thanks to Gmblack3a for the PM, I ordered my PB ssr1 and 2, natty and klasse kit this morning.

thanks to Neothin, I received my propel 6 and 4" pad kit form excel detail..

this forum has been great in help and quick reply.

fran

dirt diggler

machboy
12-01-2005, 07:05 AM
Hello all,

This is a great site and i have been reading and searching as much as I can.

I am about to place an order for what I hope will be able to handle most of my needs.

As of now my order will be :

Megs #80 and 83 – polish, my cars paint is new condition with an exception of one care with spiderwebbing.

Klasse AIO

Klasse SG

PB Natty blue

Have I missed anything ?

Btw. Thanks Neothin for the Excel site, I placed a 5/7†and 4†pad kit per your recommendation.

Thank you

Fran

EXACT same products and steps i use on my two red cars (Mach1 & Accord) I really love the look of the natty`s on the aio/sg. Freaking dripping wet. I would also grab some QD while your at it for the quick details inbetween the waxing. I personally love the Mothers QD but it may because of the smell. :D #83 and #80 is all use for polish. Great stuff. Easy to take off.

Enjoy. and post some pics of your car when your done.