PDA

View Full Version : Winter Projects

imported_DennisH
11-27-2005, 08:57 AM
http://cars.537wine.biz/assets/images/AllFour.jpg

Here is my winter projects – along with a few things that need fix in I plan on striping and applying new coats of was/sealants to all my old cars.

The first car in the picture is my 39 Ford fiberglass street rod. Currently has Red Moose Glaze and Souveran both done by hand. The finish is in really good shape but has a few small swirls which we will attack with VM or P085RD or maybe both using a finishing pad and PC. We will finish it off with Red Moose Glaze, Souveran and Crystal Mist.

The second car is my 58 Corvette – It ended up to be a test bed of products trying to find something I really like. You could probably find Zaino, VM, RMG, YMG, UUP, AIO, WG, and Souveran somewhere on this car. The paint is in excellent shape so all it will need is a quick buff with VM or PO85RD and a finishing pad. Since this car gets driven the most I thought about putting Zaino on it because of durability but since I do enjoy working on the car I will probably go with AIO and Souveran. Doesn’t really matter what I go with it gets waxed at least once a month anyway.

The third car is my 65 Corvette – This one is currently has 3 coats of Z5 and 3 coats of Z2Pro plus a couple Z8. This car has been driven probably 40 miles since an extreme detail done last spring so all this one will need is wash and quick shot of Z8. We are going to get the inside worked on since it has black vinyl seats that have faded and a small age crack in the dash pad and one in the door panel.

The last one is our 34 Chevy – It has a 2 ½ year old coat Souveran on the back half and AIO across the front fenders. The Souveran still beads without any application of Crystal Mist. It was stored in a storage shed that did not have any air or heat and only had about 25 miles put on it over the last two years. This goes to show that when Souveran isn’t exposed to the elements it will last a year or two. We are going to give this one a quick buff with PB 2.5 and probably UUP and get it read to go to auction next spring.

Tires and the inside will be 303 cleaner and 303. Z2Pro on the chrome and mother billet polish on the aluminum wheels – Z2Pro on all the frames and underneath.

Here is my work space for the winter months. We have a couple sets of car skates so we can move them around.

http://cars.537wine.biz/assets/images/InStorage.jpg :)

ramp
11-27-2005, 04:04 PM
It is good that you are working out of Classic Wine & Spirits... That should help.

Would like to see final results.