PDA

View Full Version : QEW vs. SD

blownvert
11-26-2005, 08:04 PM
I just looked at what QEW is and its good for the winter, since most people`s hoses are turned off. How does this actually work? You just spray it like a SD and scrub? What about drying, is it like a polish. Does it really wash the car or will it just scratch it from the dirt? What about spray detailing just keep doing that instead? Also on there QEW site, does anyone know a coupon code for discount when ordering?

imported_DARKSTI
11-26-2005, 08:35 PM
Use two buckets, 1 filled with QEW and a few sprays of QD and a wash mitt/mf towel and one bucket for rinsing the mitt/towel. Do 1 section at a time, wipe off then next section.

It will not scratch the paint if used properly. It leaves a clean finish.

White95Max
11-26-2005, 08:54 PM
QEW is perfectly safe to use, and will not scratch the paint (if you use it properly). You wash one section, and dry it right away.

SD/QD is different. Those are meant for removing light dust. QEW can tackle dried road salt and heavy dirt.

I don`t think there`s a discount code at their website.

imported_Luster
11-26-2005, 10:14 PM
Use two buckets, 1 filled with QEW and a few sprays of QD and a wash mitt/mf towel and one bucket for rinsing the mitt/towel. Do 1 section at a time, wipe off then next section.

It will not scratch the paint if used properly. It leaves a clean finish.

EXACTLY..... But don`t make more than one pass with the soiled side of the towel. Fold it into forths, then turn after each pass. That gives you 8 passes before rinsing.

The dirtier the car is, the more water you should leave in the mitt or MF to lubricate.

After washing each panel, dry with a clean MF or Waffleweave.

Then QD.....

imported_DARKSTI
11-26-2005, 10:36 PM
EXACTLY..... But don`t make more than one pass with the soiled side of the towel. Fold it into forths, then turn after each pass. That gives you 8 passes before rinsing.

The dirtier the car is, the more water you should leave in the mitt or MF to lubricate.

After washing each panel, dry with a clean MF or Waffleweave.

Then QD.....

yea, dont forget that, it helps alot to prevent marring :clap:

imported_Dave Holmes
11-27-2005, 02:18 AM
Good info to know. I`ll be traveling back home (Ohio) next month, and thought about using QEW because of the cold, but was worried about marring. I was worried I`d have to drive a dirty car....

What is a competitive price when buying locally (so I don`t get "hosed")? If the car is really dirty, is it safer to use a little more for added lubricity, or add a few ounces of QD?

Semper Fi,

Dave

gmblack3
11-27-2005, 06:07 AM
protect all`s site has a good deal (http://www.protectall.com/qe.aspx)

If you want a gallon go here (http://www.campingworld.com/browse/products/index.cfm?prodID=1545&src=SRQB)

White95Max
11-27-2005, 08:50 AM
If the car is really dirty, is it safer to use a little more for added lubricity, or add a few ounces of QD?

Definitely. It`s a good idea too.

As for buying locally, I don`t have anywhere near here that sells QEW. I`d have to drive 20+ miles, so I just order it from www.protectall.com