PDA

View Full Version : Question about a quote

Buster
11-26-2005, 04:31 PM
I now have 3 nasty scratches on my front bumper towards the bottom. Has to be taken to an auto body shop. I got a quote for $375 from a reputable place. I was thinking of having this done then eventually putting on the Clear Bra. It`s an 05 Accord that is 1 year old with about 19k miles on it. I plan on keeping the car about 3-4 years,, possibly longer. I regret not putting the clear bra on from the beginning but I just now discovered them and in particular like the one from Avery. What do you guys think? Some have said to just wait a few years being I might trade it in anyway.

White95Max
11-26-2005, 04:53 PM
What are you looking for opinions on? Getting a clear bra? The price quote? Whether you should have it done at all?

I think you should try to buff the scratches out with a PC first. If that won`t work, I`d personally try touch-up paint and sanding, or just use something with fillers to hide them and keep my 375 bucks.

I do like the idea of clear bras. They protect the car while being almost invisible. Anyone who doesn`t know that there is a clear bra on there will never see it. Unless you leave lines of dried wax along the edges of the bra.

zippymbr
11-26-2005, 05:52 PM
Are they going to do an airbrush touchup? That does seem alittle high. i just bought my own airbrush setup and am learing the art on my cars first. So far it is not that hard, and the results look great!

Buster
11-26-2005, 07:23 PM
These scratches are beyond a strong abrasive and need to be repainted. I think I`ll take your advice and use the touch up paint as best I can and save the money. Thanks.

White95Max
11-26-2005, 07:30 PM
Just remember that a good touchup job takes some time. Work slow and carefully.

Buster
11-26-2005, 08:08 PM
Thanks I will. Next car I buy I will use a Clear Bra. Either the 3M or Avery brand. I do all highway driving and the car takes a beating.

White95Max
11-26-2005, 08:50 PM
Remember, those chips come from the car in front of you. If you are following far enough back, the stones won`t be able to hit you.

Some busier areas make that impossible though. If you leave a big gap in front of you, someone will always move in there. :(

pontman43
11-26-2005, 09:01 PM
I now have 3 nasty scratches on my front bumper towards the bottom. Has to be taken to an auto body shop. I got a quote for $375 from a reputable place. I was thinking of having this done then eventually putting on the Clear Bra. It`s an 05 Accord that is 1 year old with about 19k miles on it. I plan on keeping the car about 3-4 years,, possibly longer. I regret not putting the clear bra on from the beginning but I just now discovered them and in particular like the one from Avery. What do you guys think? Some have said to just wait a few years being I might trade it in anyway.

Ya, the paint on those damn new accord bumpers are too thin! You could probably take off all the paint down to the plastic bumper with a finger nail. lol That my only complaint for the new accords.