PDA

View Full Version : Optimum Car Wash, Protectant +, thoughts?

pontman43
11-25-2005, 11:19 PM
I never hear too much about these two Optimum Products, car wash and protectant plus, and I was wondering what you guys think of these, good or bad. I mainly ask because I was thinking about supplying them along with the OCW, OCP, and OCC (which I have tried and love) and was wondering if it would be worth supplying those too.

Glossmaster
11-26-2005, 08:05 AM
Sorry, I can`t help you on this one. I`ve got the Optimum car wash but I have yet to use it.

Scottwax
11-26-2005, 08:10 AM
The Optimum Car Wash works just fine, but like all online "boutique" car wash soaps, is a bit too expensive for those who wash several cars a week. $4.99 a gallon for Kit Carnauba Car Wash is really hard to beat. ;)

The Protectant is very good and is fine for both leather and vinyl. Light sheen, spreads easily.

imported_DARKSTI
11-26-2005, 01:03 PM
I have the car wash and dont like it. It doesnt feel very slick and doesnt sud up very well. The smell is ok tho. It did seem to clean well tho. I prefer TOL BB right now.

pontman43
11-26-2005, 07:02 PM
Thanks guys, anyone else?

imported_GregCavi
11-27-2005, 10:15 AM
cannot comment on the wash as i havnt used it. ITs to pricey anway. The protectanct plus works very nice. It gives a look that is a touch less shine that adams VRT. Its a real winner in my book. cant comment on durability quite yet, as its only been a week.

Greg

alexis
11-27-2005, 06:01 PM
how does the protectant compare to 303 aerospace protectant? I am looking for something that is matte and won`t make my plastic slick.

RCBuddha
11-27-2005, 06:28 PM
I`ve had the car wash, protectant and tire shine for a few months now (I got a gallon of each as part of a internet deal a while back). Here are my thoughts:

Optimum Car Wash

Slick, good suds, and smells good. It cleans fairly well, though I generally like it on cars that aren`t too dirty.

Optimum Protectant Plus

Pretty thin, low sheen to matte finish. Doesn`t make the plastic slippery (at least on my running boards). Ok on leather (I prefer a deeper look), but no testing on the claims of being able to "repel dust"

Optimum Tire Shine

Also thin in consistency, it has a low sheen that is nice (again, I prefer something a little deeper). Durability was about average for me.

All three are fine products, but the protectant and tire shine simply didn`t have the "look" that I prefer.

SVR
11-28-2005, 02:03 AM
Car wash is quite nice for someone who does the basics of detailing every week to their car or a waxed car.

On sealants it`s ok but I prefer not to use it on mine

Can`t compare to 1Z and four star or TOL BB

holland_patrick
11-28-2005, 09:42 AM
Optimum Protectant Plus

Pretty thin, low sheen to matte finish. Doesn`t make the plastic slippery (at least on my running boards). Ok on leather (I prefer a deeper look), but no testing on the claims of being able to "repel dust"

I feel pretty much the same I like it and it works great for Truck bed covers