PDA

View Full Version : AIO/SG & Wax

saint1
11-25-2005, 08:50 AM
Can I ask a question on this subject that I hope will not appear stupid!

If you decided to apply AIO/ SGx3 then Souveran or another wax product, what would the future maintanence programme be?

Presumably having applied the AIO and SG then you would just keep applying Souveran etc as and when it was felt neccassary?

If not, then would you apply further coats of AIO over the previously applied SG and if so would you have to ensure removal of the wax product previously applied for the new coating of AIO/SG to cure, etc, effectivley.

If, however, future applications of AIO/SG are not required then presumably you end up with large amounts of these products that will hardly, if ever, be used again?

zippymbr
11-25-2005, 08:58 AM
If you topp the SG with a carnuba you will have to keep applying a simmilar wax. If you want to go back to SG you will need to go back and use AIO first.

superstring
11-25-2005, 09:28 AM
Inevitably, there will be areas where the Souveran (or other carnuaba wax) will wear unevenly (like on a hot hood), exposing the SG underneath to degradation. Also, at a certain point enough air borne contamination will become embedded in the paint to necessitate the use of clay and/or polish, at which point you`ll have to begin the process (AIO, SG, Souveran) all over again.

imported_Neothin
11-25-2005, 05:50 PM
Once you apply AIO/SG/Souveran, if you apply AIO again, your coats of SG and Souveran will be removed. With the Souveran being a topper, your going to want to keep reapplying souveran vs SG (SG won`t bond to really anything but AIO or previous layers of SG). Like superstring said though, after a time your going to want to strip everything down and give the paint a thorough cleaning and redo the process.

Mad iX
11-25-2005, 06:06 PM
This is how I`d do it:

AIO, SGx3, Souveran

Re-apply Souveran every 4-6 weeks.

Every 6 months do a full detail again: AIO, SGx3, Souveran.

docker
11-25-2005, 07:00 PM
[quote name=`saint1`]

Presumably having applied the AIO and SG then you would just keep applying Souveran etc as and when it was felt neccassary?

[QUOTE]

Yep`r, just keep applying more wax until you need to redo the whole thing.

BTW, a few weeks ago I AIO`d and SGx3 my roof, then a week later did 1/2 Natty`s and the other 1/2 OCW (my highly scientific side-by-side durability test). Last week put a second layer of these waxes on. It`s winter time here, so my hope is that at least every 2 or 3 weeks I`ll be able to wash and apply more layers of these waxes or at least PB Spray & Gloss it. So far I have been exceptionally pleased by the look of both waxes over the SG!

:spot

JimHare
11-25-2005, 09:22 PM
MadIX, I do the same, but with P21S..it`s not a bad job on my 01 Eldo, and I didn`t really spend a great deal of time on prep - just a wash, dry and clay. All by hand.

Here`s a shot of the hood:

http://www.jmhare.com/EldoPics/Hood.jpg

3Dog
11-25-2005, 09:33 PM
Prime/A-Jett/C-Jett..........QW/QD with C-Glos.......re-apply C-Jett as needed. IMO this is the easiest/effective method if you are looking for simplicity.