PDA

View Full Version : Wax that repels water spotting

Pages : [1] 2

machboy
11-23-2005, 01:10 PM
Greetings fellow autopians,

I`m fairly new to the site but really love reading through here. By far the best site i`ve found for detailing information.

My question is simple i think..lol. I`ve noticed that every time i wax my girlfriend`s car whenever it rains it leaves a crazy amount of water spots. I`m not talking like a few here and there i`m talking car looks like it has leprosy with a side of chicken pox. I`m wondering if there is a wax or sealent that will sheet the water off instead letting it bead up and sit on the paint causing the spots. I live in South Florida too btw. Which i believe is the culprit for the crazy spots. As soon as it finishes raining here the sun comes out in full force and dries everything within minutes. Here is the process i use most often for review.

Wash - GC

AIO / Once a month i throw SG on it.

Natty`s Blue

(i`ve got tons more polishes and glazes but i don`t use them on a weekly basis. Only when needed)

Car is a red accord coupe. Not that it matters i think.

Thanks in advance guys for any help. I`m hoping some of you have run into the same situation and found solutions.

Cheers.

Intercooled
11-23-2005, 02:45 PM
Maybe a sealant would repel better? But I think that the high heat and sun wont help matters with much of anything. And your red car shows every spot. Youd probably have to QD the spots off every time it rains in between washing.

2clean4u
11-23-2005, 03:05 PM
Try P21s/s100. After it rains the car will be cleaner then before the rain. Its the only wax that I ever used that seems to work like this.

kilodawg
11-23-2005, 03:50 PM
I live in central Florida and have a red 993. It`s a `96 with mostly original paint. What works for me is Zaino. It lasts for months and beads like crazy.

docker
11-23-2005, 03:50 PM
Try P21s/s100. After it rains the car will be cleaner then before the rain. Its the only wax that I ever used that seems to work like this.

Hmmmm.... sounds too good to be true. You pulling our chain, or is this stuff really that good? I`m interested in expanding my arsenel, and wouldn`t mind picking up some of this if it is that good.

Anyone else care to chime in?

aaron33
11-23-2005, 06:20 PM
I used P21s and it was more susceptible to water-spotting than NXT. But when dry, P21s looks SO GOOD!

chml17l
11-23-2005, 06:52 PM
My experience w/ P21S is similar to Fskof`s. It seems to clean the paint during a shower and did not leave many water spots. The only other wax that I know that also seems to self-clean is Collinite`s 476S. The P21S seemed to perform better than the 476S at the self cleaning, though.

2000firebird
11-23-2005, 07:08 PM
is p21s the same as s100? if not is s100 needed as well? id like to try this next season if it works that good

docker
11-23-2005, 07:33 PM
My experience w/ P21S is similar to Fskof`s. It seems to clean the paint during a shower and did not leave many water spots. The only other wax that I know that also seems to self-clean is Collinite`s 476S. The P21S seemed to perform better than the 476S at the self cleaning, though.

Self cleaning? I`m having trouble understanding what you mean by this...

imported_Neothin
11-23-2005, 07:49 PM
rainwater takes off dirt/dust/etc

chml17l
11-23-2005, 07:49 PM
Self cleaning? I`m having trouble understanding what you mean by this...

I`m referring to the paint surface actually looking clean (ie-- minimal water spots, no dust or surface dirt smudges) after a rain. The P21S releases the crud on your paint after a rain sort of like you washed the panel with soap and a mitt.

Djmigs
11-23-2005, 07:56 PM
does collinite IW 845 would apply to this?

White95Max
11-23-2005, 07:59 PM
The most common area that you`re going to find water spots is on the horizontal panels. What kind of wax you have on the area is not going to have much effect on it. The water on horizontal panels doesn`t feel enough attraction to run off the paint like it does on vertical panels. You`re always going to have beads of water that dry on the horizontal panels, leaving spots.

machboy
11-28-2005, 11:10 AM
Thanks for all the replys. Looks like i`m just going to have to QD every time it rains.

Question. I have to wash the car before i QD correct? Because otherwise i`d be grinding dirt and whatever else into the paint?

I might try that s100 but the Natty`s and NXT both bead water like crazy. The problem isn`t the beading it`s beads staying on the car and baking into water spots. The honda has a nice flat roof and hood so water doesn`t like to roll anywhere.

White95Max
11-28-2005, 11:29 AM
Yes you have to wash before QDing, unless it`s just a light dust that`s on the paint.