PDA

View Full Version : Jetta V (2005+) Paint

imported_topnotch
11-23-2005, 06:59 AM
Has anyone else found that that the new Jetta`s have very fussy paint (mainly black). I have been detailing for 5+years and have rarely induced holograms via rotary or PC. I have tried several pads types and different products and the outcome is always the same. I have detailed 2 black and 1 grey and they all seem to be the same. I don`t understand because I detialed a new generation Passat which was painted in Germany and I did not have this problem and it was black also. Any advise with this. I always stick with Menzerna FP via PC or rotary on a white pad for the newer cars and I have even tried a pc with a grey pad and fp but to with little improvement. What the heck is going on. This weekend I am going to try my fathers car for 3rd time to test out the following...

1. Clay

2. Polish w/ Menzerna Fp and white pad via PC at 4.5.

3. Klasse AIO

4. Klasse SG

I am getting the car ready for the long Northeast weather so I hope this works out this time, the car is now 4+ months old so I can rule out that the paint is not cured for any reason even though the paint should be 95-100% cured by when the car was picked up in June. Thanks for the help guys. Actually since I have sometime this weekend I will try to add pictures to this post.

zippymbr
11-23-2005, 11:12 AM
I am confused. What is the problem you are having exactly? :think:

imported_topnotch
11-23-2005, 11:55 AM
I`m sorry, paint seems to hologram very easily. Sorry if that`s not clear.

zippymbr
11-23-2005, 01:39 PM
For me the FR needs to be worked awhile at speed 5.5 with the PC to break down at all. I think that the FP is not breaking down, and that might be causing the holograms. Try the higher speed with the PC and work it alittle longer.

imported_topnotch
11-23-2005, 04:15 PM
I will know friday when I do the full routine on the car, but I have been using FP since it came out and have never had a problem like this. I have a black Audi and have not even self installed any holograms with a pc or rotary even when using power polish. I guess I will just have to be very careful thats all. If anyone has detailed one of he new VW Jetta`s from Mexico please chime in and let me know what you guys have found

furley
11-23-2005, 11:13 PM
I have a severly hologramed Jetta V in black that I took delivery of on a cloudy day so I didn`t know until a few days later, i`s not just you. I have to take mine to get fixed....

imported_topnotch
11-24-2005, 02:49 AM
thats what happened with my fathers car, keep me updated if you can, I will post friday night after the detail

s2skimon
11-24-2005, 06:07 AM
when i hologram, i don`t panick, i simply crack out my da polisher with a light compound like SSR1, VM or RMG and they call come out..

imported_topnotch
11-24-2005, 07:54 AM
I do the same to be honest with you, but the paint is very soft. Even with a pc it will hologram. Paint is chipping very easily to top it off. I feel like a rookie all over again with this darn car.

SpoiledMan
11-24-2005, 08:37 AM
How would you compare it to Honda paint?

imported_topnotch
11-24-2005, 01:47 PM
Honda paint is not this finicky, I would usually say that the vw paint is better but in this particular case I can`t say that. I can say though that the VW peal is minimal which is one thing that I like about it

Charlies02GLS
12-06-2005, 07:40 AM
If you haven`t already check out vwvortex to see how many others are having problems with the Mk V. Just a thought.

imported_topnotch
12-06-2005, 08:44 AM
I posted the pictures of it after I detailed it right on Vortex, I got the paint perfect but the next wash even using 1Z Perls as my wash and 2 bucket method the paint is so soft that some minor swirls where back on the car. At this point I say who cares its a lease