PDA

View Full Version : Hairline Scratches in Windshield (How do you get rid of them?)

BonzoAPD
11-20-2005, 09:53 PM
I just got a couple of hairline scratches on my windshield today. They are just hairline, they can`t even be felt if you run your finger across them. Is there a way to get rid of them? If so how?

BonzoAPD
11-22-2005, 09:14 AM
can anyone help?

White95Max
11-22-2005, 10:10 AM
Usually not. I`ve tried to remove some very light scratches from my windshield, but to no avail. IIRC, there is a glass polish that you can use with a rotary to remove scratches, but it`s not for just anyone. I prefer to just prevent scratches as best I can, and leave it at that. If there are some that pop up here and there, I just live with them.

Big Leegr
11-22-2005, 12:57 PM
The only glass polish for scratches I can think of is from Eastwood. I`ve heard mixed reviews as to its efficacy.

The Diamondite stuff is supposed to help reduce (fill) them, but I haven`t managed that myself.

Accumulator
11-22-2005, 03:07 PM
You could try the Eastwood stuff (polish and special pad for rotary) but I`d sure be careful to keep the polish from slinging onto your paint. I just live with them until they really bug me and then I get a new windshield.

3Dog
11-22-2005, 03:53 PM
http://www.caswellplating.com/buffs/glass.htm

Not an endorsment.

wannafbody
11-22-2005, 04:41 PM
you could try the NICSAND glass polishing pads available on EBAY- for $15 its worth a shot- the scratch removing pads work suprisingly well