PDA

View Full Version : How to Get Off Rubber From Front Spoiler

jdlierle
11-20-2005, 09:09 PM
What`s the best way to remover rubber that gets grounded into the bottom of a front spoiler of a car. I have some Meguiar`s APC, was wondering if that would be a good product to use.

This weekend I was on the freeway and a 18 Wheel Truck EXPLODED a tire right in front of me (I heard a loud explosion), and I had to run right over the carcass of the tire, first time I ever had to run over a tire. Guess I was lucky as I don`t think I did too much damage to the car or spoiler of a 98 White Lexus GS 300, but the spoler is pretty black from the rubber of the tire. But the bottom of the very front of the spoiler has grounded in black rubber from just general dragging (from driveways and parking lots, etc). The car is standard height too. You can`t see this from just looking at it at normal height, but you know how we autopians are. What are some safe products to remove the rubber without damaging the paint. I am almost afraid to remove the rubber to find out what the blown tire did to my spoiler though. I plan on doing a full clay, polish with PC and wax so I want to get the car as clean as possible before I start.

Thanks for any input.

Doug

aaron33
11-20-2005, 10:39 PM
I find that for rubber marks, clay takes many strokes to remove them as it is quite flat against the surface. I tried Klasse AIO for shoe sole rubber marks and they came off within seconds. This is one rare occasions where I`d say go for the paint cleaner first!