PDA

View Full Version : Klasse AIO

Pages : [1] 2

saint1
11-19-2005, 05:32 PM
Having now spent just over a week reading up on various posts/opinions on the forum, and having now ordered a PC7424 with Sonus pads, along with a selection of microfibre items etc from the Autopia website, the time has come to make a descision on the ordering of the cleaning/polishing products to go with them.

With a Black 2003 BMW Mini (my No 1 priority for detailing) and a Silver 2000 VW Passat, I am 99.9% decided on the following, which I believe will give the best overall finish for both vehicles:

P21S Shampoo

Sonus Claybar

Klasse AIO

RMG

Nattys Blue

Am I making the right choice or could there be any fine tuning in my list of items?

Hopefully my PC 7424 will arrive in the UK early next week and I can get underway asap.

I cannot thank the forum members enough for the help/advice received to date, and David at Autopia has also been excellent in his prompt replies to my e-mails and rapid despatch of my order.

Long may the forum continue!

Peter

Thomas Dekany
11-19-2005, 06:56 PM
the sky is the limit, but what you have listed will do just fine. Make sure to post pictures when done.

White95Max
11-19-2005, 07:07 PM
The only thing I would suggest is maybe putting a sealant before the Nattys Blue. It depends on the durability that you`re looking for. For winter protection, more is better.

RAG
11-19-2005, 10:31 PM
If you plan on doing and correction work/swirrel removal, you`ll surely want a stronger plish than AIO. IP would probably be a good bet before goint to AIO/RMG.

White95Max
11-19-2005, 10:39 PM
Indeed. If you have swirls to deal with, you`ll need a true polish. AIO is non-abrasive, and therefore will not remove swirls.

Richt
11-20-2005, 02:36 AM
Like others have said you will need some polishes depending on paint correction needed before the AIO. Are you vehicles used daily/kept outside? If so I would skip the RMG for winter and follow the AIO with a good sealant for winter to before topping with the Nattys Blue.

Sounds a good selection of products to me.

saint1
11-20-2005, 03:34 AM
Points taken.

The vehicles are both used daily and kept outside.

Revised shopping list:

P21S shampoo

Sonus claybar

Klasse AIO

Menzerna MIP or Meguiars Scratch X

Klasse SG or other?

Nattys Blue.

The only reason that I have put Scratch X as a possible alternative is that this is readily available in the UK, although if the MIP is heads and shoulders above this in quality and performance then I would import this from the USA.

Thoughts please

Peter

Richt
11-20-2005, 05:06 AM
Are you working by hand of PC?

If by hand Meguiars Scratch X or #82 Swirl Free Polish by hand and a folded terry Towel.

Tehn use your Klasse AIO

As for sealant SG is very durable but for ease of use I prefer Autoglym Extra Gloss.

saint1
11-20-2005, 05:18 AM
Having ordered the PC, which should be here early next week, I have the option of finishing by hand or PC.

Thanks for the reply

Richt
11-20-2005, 06:10 AM
Worth while using something like Meguiars Speed Glaze or SSR 2 by PC before the AIO if you get a chance.

Lowejackson
11-20-2005, 06:34 AM
I would swap the P21S shampoo for Sonax

imported_Neothin
11-20-2005, 07:39 AM
AIO/UPP/Natty`s Blue is a very nice looking, durable combo. The untopped AIO/UPPx3 combo that I did on a neighbors car is still beading nicely after almost 4 months. Topped, it would make it last even longer.

3Dog
11-20-2005, 09:02 AM
If corrections are needed: IP and/or PO85RD

Then

Prime/Jettx2/C-Jett Exellent on silvers!!!

saint1
11-20-2005, 09:35 AM
What is Jettx2/C-Jett?

Intercooled
11-20-2005, 10:20 AM
I would also say pick a product that will give you some moderate corrective ability. I am also a sealant fan. But of course everyone has thier own opinion on what they like. If your car is outside 24/7 I would give a sealant another look. If your car is garaged and removed from bad weather a carnauba wll work fine. Good luck!