PDA

View Full Version : Adam`s Instructional Videos

Pages : [1] 2 3

milani
11-19-2005, 12:52 PM
I was watching Adam`s instructional videos for the first time today, and I am a little afraid. Maybe I have no reason to, but this is what he did:

1. Washed Car

2. Sprayed ENTIRE car with Detail Spray including windows.

3. Dried with microfiber towel.

4. Sprayed Clay Lubricant over panels and clayed car, allowing lube to dry on the panels.

5. Applied polish over clay lube, on the entire car. Then removed polish.

6. Then the same with wax.

Am I suffering from OCD, or is there something wrong with these steps?

SVR
11-19-2005, 04:49 PM
Not good - has put me off of his products for life

imported_Neothin
11-19-2005, 05:17 PM
well, i guess that the way in which he did the car wouldnt really hurt the car, but its not exactly the best way to do it either. The QDing shouldve been done panel by panel vs the whole car at once. The dried clay lube shouldve been removed, but I don`t think polishing over the dried lube would hurt anything. It might affect the polishes effectiveness but thats about it. I would`ve done an ISO alcohol wipedown after the polish. Again, not the way I would`ve done it, but I don`t think that it would hurt the car.

DCT
11-19-2005, 06:18 PM
Pretty much all the videos at that site are poor examples of detailing procedures.

Nothing more than marketing videos.

Glossmaster
11-19-2005, 08:03 PM
I`m glad I`m not the only one who cringed watching those videos. But hey.........To each his own. What works for some might not work for others. As for me.........I don`t subscribe to his detailing methods.

Miami_vice
11-19-2005, 08:31 PM
Who care he makes the best QD, Metal polish, car wash, dressing(V.R.t) cant wait for his Paste Wax next year. SHould be better wetter than SOUVERAN !

Thomas Dekany
11-19-2005, 08:32 PM
Am I suffering from OCD?

No you don`t, unless your family & friends are all sick of you.

BTW, leaving on the clay lube saves me time. And since I will be polishing the paint, why would it be an issue?

imported_Bence
11-19-2005, 08:34 PM
You won`t do much damage, but don`t expect any correction with those techniques...

ZaneO
11-19-2005, 08:36 PM
Who care he makes the best QD, Metal polish, car wash, dressing(V.R.t) cant wait for his Paste Wax next year. SHould be better wetter than SOUVERAN !

:lol That`s a pretty funny statement.

He doesn`t make anything.

If I were to guess, his paste wax will be very similar to XXX Hardcore paste wax.

Glossmaster
11-19-2005, 08:38 PM
Ever notice any similarities between the Adam`s line & another Chemical manufacturer`s line of products??????

imported_Bence
11-19-2005, 08:40 PM
Oh, NO!!! I am not that kind of GUY who compares CHEMICALs...

Glossmaster
11-19-2005, 08:44 PM
Oh, NO!!! I am not that kind of GUY who compares CHEMICALs...

Boy.......That was Poor. :lol

Glossmaster
11-19-2005, 08:46 PM
If he were Smart, he`d Wax differently. :chuckle:

Way2SSlow
11-19-2005, 08:46 PM
:lol That`s a pretty funny statement.

He doesn`t make anything.

If I were to guess, his paste wax will be very similar to XXX Hardcore paste wax.

Reguardless of who makes it, he does distribute top notch product. From glancing at your sig, I would assume you agree. :D

I`ve got a feeling that there is going to be another wax war on this thread if it doesnt get shut down.

Thomas Dekany
11-19-2005, 08:50 PM
If he were Smart, he`s Wax differently.

What are you saying?