PDA

View Full Version : Clay Bar Gone Wrong, QUICKHELP NEEDED

ScoobyDrew06
11-19-2005, 09:00 AM
for some reason my pinnacle clay is sticking to the car instead of gliding over the paint. I can`t seem to get the clay off now. I am using Meguiars Detailing spray that is left over from my meguiars clay bar kit. what the hell is wrong with the clay? I literally doused the car in quick detailer to make sure that it wasn`t a lack of lubrication that caused this, the clay is still sticking to the car. They clay was used once before this on my car but worked fine.

White95Max
11-19-2005, 09:18 AM
Either it`s a lack of lubrication (as hard as it may be to believe) or the car is severely contaminated. I`d try mixing up some QEW/water for lube, and dousing the car with that.

Accumulator
11-19-2005, 10:22 AM
Or maybe that clay/lube combo just doesn`t work well. I`ve never used Pinnacle clay, but the clays I have used all had lubes that they really did/didn`t work well with.

imported_Neothin
11-19-2005, 12:11 PM
with the amount of lubrication that you say that your using, its more than likely a very contaminated surface. just go slowly and you should be fine even if it is sticking.

White95Max
11-19-2005, 12:13 PM
Yeah there`s probably so much crap in the paint that it`s offering a lot of resistance to the clay`s movement.

aaron33
11-19-2005, 05:46 PM
To get the residue off, use a paint cleaner or a fine polish.

ScoobyDrew06
11-20-2005, 01:27 PM
yea i did end up picking up a ton of crap of the car with the clay. It was an expedition, and I used the whole clay up on that truck, and once on my car, so yea, lots of stuff on the paint. I was worried how I would get the clay off, but AIO worked great.

MattZ28
11-21-2005, 11:21 AM
Try using a different lube. You can try a few drops of car wash shampoo in a spray bottle filled with water.