PDA

View Full Version : Dots!

ExDelayed
11-19-2005, 12:21 AM
I picked up a salvaged V70R today. The car was repaired last December, where it took its new home, outside, for almost a year. Anyway, I got it, pulled it in the garage and gave it a nice Dawn bath to get the years worth of built up crap off of the paint. Much to my suprise, there were dots on the roof, sunroof, hood and a few on the windshield. They are mainly concentrated to the roof in front of the sunroof and the hood. The Dawn didnt touch them, I clayed them and they stayed there. Tried some Meguires fine cut cleaner (#2?) and then some adhesive/wax/tar remover on a tiny spot of the hood. None of the products touched the dots and I am finding them quite disappointing being that they are on black paint. If they are touched, they can be felt. The only product that did remove them, and then it only worked on the glass was Stoners Invisible Glass. I grabbed some high-res pics that I will upload in the morning. I am mainly wondering if anyone has any ideas as to what they could be without seeing the pics.

-Jon

imported_Neothin
11-19-2005, 06:49 AM
I would really try the clay again. If you can feel them with your finger, clay should be able to take it off. Maybe you have to step up to a more aggressive claybar/decontamination system?

brwill2005
11-19-2005, 08:22 AM
It really depends on what they are. What color are the dots? If clay did not touch them, the dots may be bonded to the paint. It could also be hardened tree sap which can be difficult to remove. Maybe even some kind of industrial fall out. Try and post some pictures.