PDA

View Full Version : QD question with Zaino & FMJ

jw
11-17-2005, 10:31 PM
Can you use a carnuba QD with ZAino and FMJ? I`ve read some places on the board that say you can`t with Zaino but if that`s true why can you add a carnuba topper? I`m not sure with FMJ.

Thanks

travisdecpn
11-18-2005, 12:41 AM
I haven`t used either sealant, but I imagine that you wouldn`t want to use a QD with any protection attributes or carnauba content prior to or between applications of either one. As far as daily maintanence goes, a QD shouldn`t affect the durability of the sealant.

cwcad
11-18-2005, 04:05 PM
You can add a carnuba topper to Zaino. If that is the look that you are trying to obtain. If you want to add another layer of Zaino again you must first strip the carnuba topper if you want the Zaino to bond properly.

If you want to use a carnuba detail spray I would say the same thing. No one says that you cannot do it. I don`t because I use the system as designed. I like the look and the durability. I do not want to compromise the Zaino process.

JMHO. What ever works for you.

Steve530
11-18-2005, 04:53 PM
You might try Megs Final Inspection #34. No wax or silicones, should be ok over sealants.

The Zaino guys seem to like the Zaino QD, though.

Horseman2475
11-18-2005, 11:25 PM
After trying PB -X, PB-XP, UPP and Collonite IW 845. I now only use FMJx2 with the Menzerna High Gloss Acrylic Shield once a month. And even though the truck is still slick after 3 or 4 Car Washes, I enjoy putting FMJ x2 on it every 3 months. It is kept garaged. It is the easiest product I have ever used and the slickness is unreal. Since I am going to apply it every 3 months, I will never use a carnauba topper. looks great as a stand alone. Get a lot of comments at the Truck shows I go to. Until I see a better sealant, this is the Holy Grail for me.

Mad iX
11-19-2005, 05:12 AM
You can top any sealant with carnauba. Whether you want to or not is personal preference.

As for using a carnauba QD over a sealant, you may or may not encounter problems. If the QD has some carnauba content but not enough to cover the whole area you might get streaking. Maybe it might have problems sticking to the surface.

I would just use a non-carnauba QD over a sealant. Menzerna Acylic Shield over FMJ, and Z6 (or Z8) over Zaino. If you top with a carnauba then you`d be far less likely to have any problems.

3Dog
11-19-2005, 08:04 AM
After trying PB -X, PB-XP, UPP and Collonite IW 845. I now only use FMJx2 with the Menzerna High Gloss Acrylic Shield once a month. And even though the truck is still slick after 3 or 4 Car Washes, I enjoy putting FMJ x2 on it every 3 months. It is kept garaged. It is the easiest product I have ever used and the slickness is unreal. Since I am going to apply it every 3 months, I will never use a carnauba topper. looks great as a stand alone. Get a lot of comments at the Truck shows I go to. Until I see a better sealant, this is the Holy Grail for me.

I too am a Menzerna Motivational Speaker....and that being said..try some FK1 425 sometime. That topper is the closest thing I have seen to the wow you get right after using PO85RD.