PDA

View Full Version : What products to use on my 17 year old car?

bigwillie
11-17-2005, 07:48 PM
Hello all I just joined this forum, after hearing good things about it on bobistheoilguy.com. Anyway hope you all don`t mind answering a few questions. I have an 88 Bronco II with 49k. The paint is is good to excellent condition, and I have just washed the car, and added 2 coats of Liquid Glass, to keep the paint protected until the springtime. There is however a few cosmetic blemishes on the paint, what do you expect with a 17 year old car. It has a few swirl marks, and there seems to be a lot especially on the hood, they show up pretty well on the silver paint, the Liquid Glass has helped to fill and hide them so they do look a lot better now. What should I do with my car once it warms up? I`m planning on using a clay bar, and polishing the paint to get rid of the swirl marks, and then using a sealer and wax to top it all off. What techniques and products would remove the swirl marks, and make the paint look new again? What products do you recommend I use? What products have worked best for you? I`m going for renewing the paint, protecting it, and then making it shine. Oh yes also, what kind of products would help my interior, the carpet and seats are in pretty good shape, and look good but there is a few stains in the carpet, and the steering wheel seems a little faded. What should I do with the interior? I posted a thread similar to this in the detailing forum but figured I should also post here to get some opinions on what products to use. Liquid Glass had worked well, but I`m sure there are better products out there. Here is a few pics. Sorry about asking all these question, hope you don`t mind answering a few.

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y134/bigwillie78/DSC01650.jpg

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y134/bigwillie78/DSC01647.jpg

Note: These pics are from a few months ago, and it probabley looks a little bit better now since I have just washed, and waxed, and cleaned all of the crap off of the tires.

imported_Neothin
11-17-2005, 07:51 PM
you dont need to make a duplicate thread in two different sections.

bigwillie
11-18-2005, 10:41 AM
my apologies. I will glady delete this thread if you would like.