PDA

View Full Version : ZEP APC from Home Depot

imported_BigTinVA
11-17-2005, 04:49 PM
Has anyone used ZEP all purpose cleaner/degreaser from the Home Depot? If so, how does it compare to other OTC APC`s and is it safe to use. The recent Simple Green threads have me looking for another product that may not be so harsh. Thanks in advance for any replies.

exile
11-29-2005, 04:08 AM
Yep, I too am in the middle of a "search" for the most favored APC. Reference is made to using an APC frequently, but rarely is a name brand used, just "APC". If Simple Green is to harsh, what is the favorite of you Autopian`s?

I have learned so much in the last few weeks from you guy`s and gal`s. I have made my first few online purchases from your recommended fav`s, including a PC. Should be here tomorrow :woot: . So I`d like to thank all who contribute here. Looks like I have a new hobby.

Please let me know what APC you`re using and why it is the best product to use.

Thanks to all again!!..............Tom

Super
11-29-2005, 06:46 AM
Zep Citrus Multi-Purpose Cleaner & Degreaser is a good Citrus cleaner.

There is Citrus cleaners and there is Citrus cleaners

What makes a good Citrus cleaner has "d-limonene" do some home work on it look it up on the net, I wrote something on d-limonene a while back do a search here, Enjoy peace joy happyness

stilez
11-29-2005, 08:08 AM
I tried it and didn`t like it.

It created a lot of foam and wasn`t that strong of a cleaner. For interiors, Costco APC works great. For a strong APC in general, TOL`s Extreme APC is my best find to date.

DM101
11-29-2005, 08:26 AM
Costco Kirkland APC worked great for my to clean my foam pads. Pour some in a bucket and let the cleaners soak into pad. Ring cleaner off and you have a clean pad. Problem is Costco does carry it anymore. So I use a local product Purple power to clean and degrease.

Spilchy
11-29-2005, 09:59 AM
I have used Simple Green as a laundry boost for washing my MF`s and foam pads.

For me, the best APC I have found is Castrol APC in the purple bottle at Pep Boys. the price has gone up to $8 a gallon. This stuff EATS grunge on tires dilluted 1:1. You can dillute 10:1 for interiors and 5:1 with a bug sponge for lower rocker panel paint and bumper work.

If there is any aluminum around (like wheels) I don`t use it. But, I think it`s the best and easily available.

96snake
11-29-2005, 12:20 PM
I have been using Purple Power with good results. Dirt cheap at 4 bucks a gallon from Wal Mart.

Lorne

exile
11-29-2005, 01:55 PM
Thank you to all of you that replied. I am familiar with most of these products. Looks like it won`t be hard to pick up something at Walmart after all. I was just checking before needing some and thought there might be some magic APC I just didn`t know about. Super, as a matter of fact I do know a little about "d-limonene". I read about it in "Autopia Guide to Detailing", a gift indeed from Autopia`s David Bynon.

OK, I`m up to speed on APC............Thanks again..........Tom