PDA

View Full Version : New Car

11-17-2005, 09:38 AM
I will be picking up my new car in a week. Dealer will not be touching the car. I was considering the following:

Wash

Clay

Wash

Sonus Paintwork Cleanser

Klasse AIO

Klasse Sealant Glaze

Wax

Should I clay the car and then apply Sonus Paintwork cleanser or just skip both steps or just do one of these steps? Any help is greatly appreciated.

White95Max
11-17-2005, 09:49 AM
Yes I would clay the car, even though it is new.

AIO and Sonus Paintwork Cleanser are similar products. I would just use AIO. There`s not really a reason to use both.

Since you`re not planning on doing any polishing, make sure you use enough lube during the claying process to make sure you doing leave any marring. If the clay starts to stick, spray more lube on.

imported_Neothin
11-17-2005, 09:24 PM
May I suggest a different sealant other than SG? It`s known that SG is very difficult to remove if its not applied very thinly. For a first timer, you might not know what "thin" actually means (not ragging on you, but your idea of a thin application vs how thing SG likes to be applied may be completely different.). Something like four star UPP, or poorboy`s EX-P are great sealants that provide a great look to the paint and aren`t as finicky about application as klasse SG is.

For a wax, my favorites are souveran (has to be re-applied 1x a month, but I can deal with that), natty`s blue, and oddly, #26.

3Dog
11-17-2005, 09:49 PM
SG.....put in misting bottle...spray on foam pad...pick a pattern ( 2 foot sq) and wipe on..do a panel at a time and wipe off...nothing to it. I have no more trouble with SG than I do with UPP.

No Glanz..thatsw a different story! Peeewww

TGates
11-18-2005, 09:48 AM
If you want to stick with the Klasse Twins, go for it. SG gets a bad rap on here because sometimes it can be a pain to remove. The upside to this is it has fantastic durability. I personally don`t have a problem with SG at all.

Assuming your car doesn`t need any real polishing, I would wash, clay, AIO, SGx2, carnauba.