PDA

View Full Version : Your favorite glaze?

Pages : [1] 2

DM101
11-17-2005, 05:37 AM
Going to Use Menzerna PO85RD and then a Glaze Then maybe UPP or go straight to Pinnicle Sourvan. What is your favorite glaze? I have tried RMG and like it very much? Anymore opinions? THANKS!!

DM101
11-17-2005, 05:40 AM
I forgot car is velocity red. And makes a great shine but I want e deep look and a wet looking shine.

s2skimon
11-17-2005, 06:01 AM
i absolutely love RMG..

imported_Neothin
11-17-2005, 06:44 AM
I third the RMG suggestion, but VM is a close second.

Your going for a similar combo to the one that I have on my own car. I must say, the paint is dripping after your done. If you want wetness, this will give it to you.

Richt
11-17-2005, 07:00 AM
By Machine RMG, by hand Megs #81 Hand Polish

imported_DennisH
11-17-2005, 07:29 AM
Hands down so far is RMG and I apply it by hand. I just backwards from the majority since I apply VM by PC. :2thumbs:

mgm2003
11-17-2005, 07:43 AM
I don`t glaze often, but when I do, it`s Finish Kare #185 (glaze and seal), or Finish Kare #303. They will both put a lot of `pop` in the paint.

benpocock
11-17-2005, 07:44 AM
I`ve only got two glazes - RMG and #7. Both are great - RMG is dead easy to use, #7 isn`t so easy.

Ben

Glossmaster
11-17-2005, 08:02 AM
Out of the 3 glazes I use, VM-Creme Glaze-Revive Glaze, VM is my favorite.

Super
11-17-2005, 08:03 AM
3MPIIIMG is a good excellent glaze for older aged paint, and there is also 3MPIIIMG for dark paint which works really good makes black real nice & black. I have been using it for years now and nothing comes close to the finish it puts out on older neglected finish surfaces. But then I haven’t used every glaze that’s out there soâ€. VM & RMG is a light weight glaze for fine finishes which I haven’t been using all that long but seems to be good stuff so far, easy to put on and leaves a real nice finish on “good†finished surfaces.

There is glazing and there is glazing. It’s claying/polishing that what makes a big difference that looks the best, last longer which the customer gets his $ worth and there is a cheap hacking glazing. Cheap detailing jobs don’t last long at all and doesn’t look all that good but people don’t know the differences between a good job and a hack up one soâ€. Sample: car dealer’s or who ever glazes a car looks ok customer takes it home washes it a few times and wonders where all the scratches & defects came from.

Definition of glaze

1. A thin smooth shiny coating.

2. A thin glassy coating of ice.

a. A coating of colored, opaque, or transparent material applied to ceramics before firing.

b. A coating, as of syrup, applied to food.

c. A transparent coating applied to the surface of a painting to modify the color tones.

4. A glassy film, as one over the eyes.

v., glazed, glazâ€ing, glazâ€es.

v.tr.

1. To fit, furnish, or secure with glass: glaze a window.

2. To apply a glaze to: glaze a doughnut; glaze pottery.

3. To coat or cover thinly with ice.

4. To give a smooth lustrous surface to.

Autopia’s should use a different word rather then the word “glaze†glaze has to many meanings to it. How glaâ€cà ?

Definition of Glace

Having a smooth, glazed or glossy surface, such as certain silks or leathers

Richt
11-17-2005, 08:33 AM
I really like VM too, but see it more as a mild polish compared to other glazes.

3Dog
11-17-2005, 08:39 AM
3MPIIIMG is a good excellent glaze for older aged paint, and there is also 3MPIIIMG for dark paint which works really good makes black real nice & black. I have been using it for years now and nothing comes close to the finish it puts out on older neglected finish surfaces. But then I haven’t used every glaze that’s out there soâ€. VM & RMG is a light weight glaze for fine finishes which I haven’t been using all that long but seems to be good stuff so far, easy to put on and leaves a real nice finish on “good†finished surfaces.

There is glazing and there is glazing. It’s claying/polishing that what makes a big difference that looks the best, last longer which the customer gets his $ worth and there is a cheap hacking glazing. Cheap detailing jobs don’t last long at all and doesn’t look all that good but people don’t know the differences between a good job and a hack up one soâ€. Sample: car dealer’s or who ever glazes a car looks ok customer takes it home washes it a few times and wonders where all the scratches & defects came from.

Definition of glaze

1. A thin smooth shiny coating.

2. A thin glassy coating of ice.

a. A coating of colored, opaque, or transparent material applied to ceramics before firing.

b. A coating, as of syrup, applied to food.

c. A transparent coating applied to the surface of a painting to modify the color tones.

4. A glassy film, as one over the eyes.

v., glazed, glazâ€ing, glazâ€es.

v.tr.

1. To fit, furnish, or secure with glass: glaze a window.

2. To apply a glaze to: glaze a doughnut; glaze pottery.

3. To coat or cover thinly with ice.

4. To give a smooth lustrous surface to.

Autopia’s should use a different word rather then the word “glaze†glaze has to many meanings to it. How glaâ€cà ?

Definition of Glace

Having a smooth, glazed or glossy surface, such as certain silks or leathers

My bottle say glaze on it....want me to cross it out? :hairpull

Super
11-17-2005, 09:01 AM
Yes 3Dog and hurry up about it too! And in the mean time eat some more glazed doenuts, lol j/k

Spilchy
11-17-2005, 10:27 AM
I like One Grand Omega Glaze via PC, VM via PC, and RMG via PC

Lowejackson
11-19-2005, 10:35 AM
Another vote for Omega Glaze, it is not fashionable anymore but is still a great product