PDA

View Full Version : Pro-tectfilm Clear Bra

Buster
11-15-2005, 06:21 PM
www.pro-tectfilm.com

Friend of mine saw this out at the SEMA show. Said it`s very impressive.

gmblack3
11-15-2005, 06:45 PM
What makes it so much better then all the 3m stuff?

Buster
11-23-2005, 10:33 AM
It`s more clear and thin then the 3M product. Friend of mine saw both at the SEMA show and said the Avery version was much better.

a.k.a. Patrick
11-23-2005, 07:00 PM
I decided to use the 3M product for the simple reason of the company. Avery is a good company as well, but 3M is huge and a very reliable orinization. They have been in the clear bras industry for quite some time now. Always on the cutting edge of technology as well. The idea itself is an excellent one, which I have decided to offer along wih my detailing.

I have no rpoof 3M`s product is better then Avery`s, but reputations speaks for itself in my world.

For instance I was speaking to a 3M rep yesterday who I deal with on a regular basis for DG cubed, Hi Intensity, VIP reflective sign backing and vinyls at work, 3M is designing a paint that actually reflects light, under water. Imagine the last time you were driving down the street when it was raining, and could not find the lane lines because they were under water?

pontman43
11-23-2005, 10:42 PM
I decided to use the 3M product for the simple reason of the company. Avery is a good company as well, but 3M is huge and a very reliable orinization. They have been in the clear bras industry for quite some time now. Always on the cutting edge of technology as well. The idea itself is an excellent one, which I have decided to offer along wih my detailing.

I have no rpoof 3M`s product is better then Avery`s, but reputations speaks for itself in my world.

For instance I was speaking to a 3M rep yesterday who I deal with on a regular basis for DG cubed, Hi Intensity, VIP reflective sign backing and vinyls at work, 3M is designing a paint that actually reflects light, under water. Imagine the last time you were driving down the street when it was raining, and could not find the lane lines because they were under water?

Going to be distributing for yet another company? Your expanding everyday. Good to hear. Will you also be selling the kits?

Ron Harris
11-24-2005, 05:22 AM
I personally think that there are other films better than the 3M. If you have ever installed the 3M and installed another mfg. film you would understand why. I think the Venture Tape product is much clearer and easy to stretch. Plus they offer a lifetime warranty.

Anthony and I have installed quite a few of the 3M kits on Porsches and it`s a two-person job. The adhesive 3M uses has a yellow tint to it. I have it on my white van and it shows.

Venture dose not have any orange peel in. 3M dose. On a dark flat finish it really stands out.

a.k.a. Patrick
11-24-2005, 07:22 AM
3M has a lifetime warranty as well....And the orange peel isnt in the tape prior to installing. It actually "can" occur during installation with stretching the product. One thing I have found out with these vinyl is temperature plays a very important role. If its stretched and not allowed to expand properly (when too cold), orange peel can happen.

Ron Harris
11-25-2005, 04:08 AM
Patrick.

I have installed a lot of these kits and can tell you that the bumpers don’t show any orange peel. The Hoods and Fenders do. Most hoods and fenders require minimal to no stretching. I always see lots of orange peel in these areas.

a.k.a. Patrick
11-25-2005, 09:54 AM
I`ll look into your product a little further.....

Anthony O.
11-25-2005, 10:26 AM
3M is the monster film out there. It is the one every other film company wants to knock off the hill. So that in itself says alot.

The Avery film is harder to work with at first IF you are used to the 3M film. If you start off with the Avery film then I am sure this won`t be an issue. Because we were used to really stretching the 3M film we OVER stretched the Avery film. We also over saturated the Avery film with our "hot" mixture. So there is a learning curve for both films and they both have their advantages and disadvantages.

I have found that the 3M film is nice for doing bumpers on cars that have already had some damage from chips and such as the film hides more. The Avery film is superb for people who have dark colored cars as it is so clear and seems easier to do custom fits with.

Anthony