PDA

View Full Version : Drove my car while sealant still on

BaRoK
11-15-2005, 07:10 AM
I applied Z5 to my car late in the day and decided to remove it first thing next morning.

Next day, weather turned out to be a wet one and was forced to drive my newly applied car in pouring rain. The forecast for the next couple of days isn`t runing out great. I park my car outside open air.

Have I damaged the paint of my car? Is it safe leaving Z5 on paint for a long period of time?

I will definitely remove the wax once the sun come out.

Any suggestions?

Setec Astronomy
11-15-2005, 07:13 AM
I don`t see how that will harm anything. I would advocate washing the car before buffing off any residue to clean off any grit accumulation from driving in the wet.

cwcad
11-15-2005, 12:17 PM
I don`t see how that will harm anything. I would advocate washing the car before buffing off any residue to clean off any grit accumulation from driving in the wet.

I concur with Setec. Cannot imagine any harm by what you have done. Wash, Z-6 and apply what ever Zaino product that you want to apply.

White95Max
11-15-2005, 01:38 PM
I agree with the others. I`ve left waxes/sealants on for 15hrs+ before, but I`ve never driven the car during that time. You`re probably going to want to wash the car since there`s surely some dirt or grit of some sort on the paint.

BaRoK
11-15-2005, 02:22 PM
I feel a little relieved that no damage has been done. It looks like we`ll get a little bit of sunshine tomorrow.

We get a LOT of snow during winter (btw, I live in Toronto). Would leaving Z5 without buffing be safer? I might have to go to a touchless car wash every week to remove salt stains.

What kind of winter protection do you guys use?

White95Max
11-15-2005, 03:12 PM
No. Don`t do that. Leaving a wax/sealant on (including the excess) would just attract heaps of salt/dirt. And it would be held there, adhering to the excess LSP that you left on. I think it would cause a lot of problems.

Oh and to answer your other question, my winter protection combo is listed in my sig. I add a new coat of #16 every month.

And my entire car is also protected by my snow tires :)

kompressornsc
11-15-2005, 03:24 PM
I feel a little relieved that no damage has been done. It looks like we`ll get a little bit of sunshine tomorrow.

We get a LOT of snow during winter (btw, I live in Toronto). Would leaving Z5 without buffing be safer? I might have to go to a touchless car wash every week to remove salt stains.

What kind of winter protection do you guys use?

Zaino is a PITA to get off it gets wet before you remove it. After you wash it, you`ll probably have to buff it off with Z6 and a strong MF. My car got rained on once between application & removal and the biggest problem was ghosting. Took about a week to get it all off-I ended up just carrying a towel & Z6 in the car to get spots when they appeared-and they`ll tend to appear after it gets wet again. No harm done, though.