PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Pads & Why?

Detailer 4 Life
11-14-2005, 07:53 PM
Just wondering what some fellow detailers would prefer in terms of pads and the reason they use them over another brand.

you can include sizes and prices if you want.

Thanks

Nick Z

White95Max
11-14-2005, 07:59 PM
I prefer the Propel pads from http://www.exceldetail.com

Why? Because they`re the cheapest pads I`ve found, and they have never given me any problems. I`ve been using them for over a year now. Patrick`s even upgraded the velcro/adhesive on them to make them better, even though they were already great.

That combined with the excellent service I get from him, gives me no reason to look into other pads.

Detailer 4 Life
11-14-2005, 08:11 PM
i`ve heard alot about these pads since joining autopia im gonna have to give them a try.

Chubs
11-14-2005, 08:11 PM
I used to like Meg`s pads, but tired of the unglueing of the velcro backing problem. They know thats a BIG problem and they don`t fix it. WHY??? I`m interested in this thread to see what pads are the most popular. Since I"m looking for a new favorite pad to start investing in for next year.

Chubs

Detailer 4 Life
11-14-2005, 08:14 PM
funny you mention this scenario I experience the same problems and the velco is wearing out before the pad is fully used.

Chubs
11-14-2005, 08:30 PM
If they are Meg`s pads. Call up there customer service and tell them how old your pads are and ask what they can do about it. They sent me 3 new pads in a couple of days. and my pads were over 6 months old. They have great customer service just not so great pads.

chubs

Scottwax
11-14-2005, 08:38 PM
I used to like Meg`s pads, but tired of the unglueing of the velcro backing problem. They know thats a BIG problem and they don`t fix it. WHY??? I`m interested in this thread to see what pads are the most popular. Since I"m looking for a new favorite pad to start investing in for next year.

Chubs

From my perspective, they`ve fixed the problem. I haven`t had a Meguiars pad loose its backing in over a year now and I use my PC and pads very regularly. As in pretty much daily.

I use Meguiars and Propel pads. Both are quality products, last a long time and give excellent results. Propel pads are cheaper but I can get Meguiars pads locally.

4830Deuce
11-14-2005, 08:40 PM
funny you mention this scenario I experience the same problems and the velco is wearing out before the pad is fully used.

i have never had my pads velcro wear out, I use LC Hi-Tech Pads, I like their shape, and they are a good price...I have also used wolfgang, and megs...

-Justin

Mikeman
11-14-2005, 08:49 PM
I like the Sonus SFX pads best of the three brands I`ve tried (Sonus SFX, Sonus DAS, Wolfgang). They are easy to center on the PC. They are dense. I can use pressure without squeezing the pad to 1/4" thickness. They`re only 6" in diameter which keeps the PC from bogging down so easily. I`ve never had a velcro problem of any kind. They may be a bit tougher to clean than the DAS or Wolfgang; but that could be the polish I`ve been using since I went with SFX pads.

imported_Neothin
11-14-2005, 10:00 PM
i use lake country pads exclusively. Heard that they were good quality and the vendor where i get my supplies from stocks them. When they wear out ill try out the propel pads.

usdm
11-14-2005, 10:12 PM
I use the 6" Megs pads, and pads from another company almost exclusively

now. The Edge 2k pads are good, but too big for my comfort. And their smaler

pads seem a bit stiffer than I care for. The LC pads don`t get used at all, if ever

nowadays. I just dont find that their concave design is condusive to maximum

pad covereage, which means I have to lean the pads, which ultimately leaves

me with much deeper wirl marks. Small, single-sided, flat-faced pads do what

I need them to do, and work well for me whether by rotary or PC.