PDA

View Full Version : Newbie Detailing Advice

jacks
11-14-2005, 06:56 PM
Just had my car detailed at the delaership and they said they used a professional grade 3M polish. I added 2 coats of Klasse SG and am wondering if there is anything else I can do to make the car look better or if I should leave it alone??

Any advice would be appreciated as this is my first foray into detailing by myself.

Thanks!

imported_Neothin
11-14-2005, 07:39 PM
well, if your expecting to drive that beautiful car around in snow this winter (for some reason that i cant possibly comprehend), I`d throw another layer of SG on there and then top with a durable wax like the out of product meguiar`s #16 or collinite 845 insulator wax. that will give you a really durable combo that will last you until spring time.

If your not expecting snow/salt, id top with a quality carnauba. everyone has their preference but I like souveran most of all. the only problem with this is that souveran is 60 bucks a tin. Many on here have said and i agree with that natty`s blue has the closest resemblance to souveran on black. and its only 15 or so for a jar.

Zerrus
11-14-2005, 09:24 PM
What is the best applicator for Natty`s?

(Sorry to highjack thread, was wondering and this looked better than starting an entire new thread)

3Dog
11-14-2005, 09:45 PM
Wondering about bonding issues of SG on top of 3M polish...is the polish oily?

imported_Neothin
11-14-2005, 09:56 PM
natty`s is supposed to be applied by hand with a foam or microfiber pad. some people though pop the block of wax out of the jar and hold it to put wax on a pad and use it by machine.

jacks
11-15-2005, 09:39 AM
Wondering about bonding issues of SG on top of 3M polish...is the polish oily?

The 3m did not seem oily after it was applied by the dealer but I was not there for the application. Thanks to all that made suggestions!

jacks
11-15-2005, 10:14 AM
well, if your expecting to drive that beautiful car around in snow this winter (for some reason that i cant possibly comprehend), I`d throw another layer of SG on there and then top with a durable wax like the out of product meguiar`s #16 or collinite 845 insulator wax. that will give you a really durable combo that will last you until spring time.

If your not expecting snow/salt, id top with a quality carnauba. everyone has their preference but I like souveran most of all. the only problem with this is that souveran is 60 bucks a tin. Many on here have said and i agree with that natty`s blue has the closest resemblance to souveran on black. and its only 15 or so for a jar.

No, I will not be driving it in sb\now as I live in Texas. I will try the 3rd layer of SG this weekend. Thanks for the advice.