PDA

View Full Version : Is PO85RD worth the $$$?

Pages : [1] 2

imported_NHBFAN
11-13-2005, 05:13 PM
If you don`t own a rotary?

BTW, I just order FPII.

imported_flatstick
11-13-2005, 06:06 PM
If you don`t own a rotary?

BTW, I just order FPII.

I have used the PO106FF ( same polish just a little more cut ) let`s just say if you want to go for a top quality finish, this is it. if you are not super picky, the FPII will work. I have both and prefer the PO106FF. the finish looks so clear you see your paint a lot better. do a search for the P085RD and check out some of the pics. just an f.y.i. sent you a PM.

imported_DARKSTI
11-13-2005, 08:04 PM
Well worth the money! Its one of my favs. very easy to use.

JaCkaL829
11-13-2005, 08:10 PM
I`m still undecided on that :nixweiss

For what its worth...

I detailed my black car a couple months ago with Optimum Polish and an orange light cutting pad via PC, and was very happy with the results. I wanted to do a pass with PO85RD, but really was pressed for time, so instead I just used it on half my hood. I really had a hard time noting any differences, if any, but then again it was my first time using Menzerna, and it was getting dark. I plan on revisiting PO85RD, but my sights aren`t set as high as they we`re before.

Mad iX
11-13-2005, 08:38 PM
A nice product. I don`t know of anything else like it.

Easy to use with a DA polisher as well.

This will only work on an already well-prepped surface.

Only for the diehard detailer who`s willing to go the extra mile. The difference isn`t huge but if it`s a product that works for you, you`ll never go back.

SpoiledMan
11-13-2005, 08:41 PM
I`m still undecided on that :nixweiss

For what its worth...

I detailed my black car a couple months ago with Optimum Polish and an orange light cutting pad via PC, and was very happy with the results. I wanted to do a pass with PO85RD, but really was pressed for time, so instead I just used it on half my hood. I really had a hard time noting any differences, if any, but then again it was my first time using Menzerna, and it was getting dark. I plan on revisiting PO85RD, but my sights aren`t set as high as they we`re before.

Yeah, give it another try. FPII finishes nicer than OCP and 85RD finishes nicer than that.

:dance

3Dog
11-13-2005, 08:42 PM
The best new product that I have bought this year. Well worth the extra cost.

Like always...IMO

im_wicked247
11-13-2005, 10:29 PM
Is www.properautocare.com the only place one can purchase PO85RD?

Mad iX
11-13-2005, 10:48 PM
Pakshak has it too.

I got mine from a local online store in Australia.

Mikeyc
11-13-2005, 10:57 PM
Not to take the thread too off topic, but I just bought Menzerna IP & FPII. I`m wondering how the PO85RD & PO106FF compare to the IP & FPII. The only thing I know for sure is that FPII is the least agressive of all four.

SpoiledMan
11-13-2005, 11:03 PM
Actually I think the 85RD is the the more mild one. It`s for 3000 sanding marks. Both 106FF and 85RD finish out at a gloss level of 5 on Menzerna`s gloss scale while FPII finishes out at a 4.

PakShak
11-14-2005, 01:16 AM
That is correct. The PO85RD is less aggressive than the FPII. However, you can`t go wrong with either or. But you can work the PO85RD a little more than FPII to help bring back more of the gloss on the finish. It spreads easily and and it`s a joy to work with it either the PC 7336 or Makita 9227. :)

With Aloha,

Ranney :)

*Claim - I am a vendor*

03COBRA
11-14-2005, 01:29 AM
Yes it is!

coltagious
11-14-2005, 02:28 AM
That is correct. The PO85RD is less aggressive than the FPII. However, you can`t go wrong with either or. But you can work the PO85RD a little more than FPII to help bring back more of the gloss on the finish. It spreads easily and and it`s a joy to work with it either the PC 7336 or Makita 9227. :)

With Aloha,

Ranney :)

*Claim - I am a vendor*

NHBFAN, sori to hijack ur thread.

Ranney, can you advise on the working time of the PO85RD compared to the optimum polish? The 2 Menzernas cost three times more than the Optimum polish and i really wonder if the result and time spent is worth it

JaCkaL829
11-14-2005, 07:30 AM
Yeah, give it another try. FPII finishes nicer than OCP and 85RD finishes nicer than that.

:dance

I actually have all three you mentioned, and do plan on revisiting the PO85RD come spring time. I`m sure if anyone would know about NBP, it would be you. :lol

What have you been topping PO85RD with on your Teg?

a little OT, but wow it is absolutely beautiful up in Northern NJ for mid November weather. :cool:

I`m really crossing my fingers its like this next week, because aside from Monday, I have a full week off of school and plan on doing a full detail on my car and hopefully my other family members cars in anticipation for this coming winter. :grinno: