PDA

View Full Version : Pair of E90 Black 325`s to detail!

imported_liam
11-13-2005, 02:17 PM
hey all,

i am just looking for a concise answer about whether i can wax (pinnacle souveran! :grinno: ) a brand spankers Black E90 3 series beamer. i know you can`t wax re-sprays due to `paint breathing`, but i couldn`t remember if you could wax new paint from the factory...(gives you an idea since i last bought a new car...)

any advice will be greatly appreaciated!!

chevyguy28
11-13-2005, 02:30 PM
Factory cars are baked, and take a few months to get to the U.S. from Germany, so it should be fully cured in any case. Go for it.

Just did my sister`s E90 yesterday.

imported_liam
11-13-2005, 02:53 PM
ahh great, thats all i needed to hear!

thanks.

btw, does your sis like `the ultimate driving exprience?`

chevyguy28
11-13-2005, 04:25 PM
So far she is enjoying it very much, and I think it suits her needs perfectly. She needs a bit more time to appreciate how the 3-series drives a bit differently than other sedans in its class, as she thought her rental Camry drove pretty well too. Perhaps the slightly more isolated IS would have been better? She thinks the steering is a bit heavy on her car. In any case, she is one of those people that partially bought the car because it`s a BMW. She got a 325i.

The steering is slightly vague on center, but as you turn in, it`s very positive with nice weighting. Probably better than my C32 AMG, though I have not really pushed it all that hard yet to see how squishy the bushings will be. Even on the street it is easy to invoke DSC with some aggressive driving on back roads. Part of the joy is how easy it is to drive. Not a sports car, but still a relaxing car to drive in a sporty fashion. Doesn`t feel particularly light and a bit too much body roll, but I doubt my sister will ever notice the difference.

I think it was a great buy.

- J

steck
11-13-2005, 05:27 PM
check the production date on the VIN badge and if its been 30 days,,,go for it.

Mikeyc
11-13-2005, 05:35 PM
check the production date on the VIN badge and if its been 30 days,,,go for it.

You don`t even need to do that. Factory paint is baked. So it can be waxed right away.