PDA

View Full Version : liquidice by norton HAVENT BEEN ON IN SO LONG!!!

Pages : [1] 2

vick-e
11-12-2005, 10:21 PM
anyone heard of this stuff? a guy from norton came to bcit in vancouver bc and my teacher told me to speak to him since I am detailing cars.

PS i havnt been on here for so long HI EVERYONE!!! my backing plate on my PC is still melted and i am waiting to get a new one for anyone who remebers my thread.

White95Max
11-12-2005, 11:43 PM
Hmm I don`t remember the thread but I remember being jealous of your two RX7s! :xyxthumbs

I`ve never heard of LiquidIce. Is it a wax/sealant type product or what?

imported_Bence
11-13-2005, 06:26 AM
It is a similar product like Optimum polish and Mothers PowerPolish. One liquid, applied with different pads.

More info here (http://www.nortonautomotive.com/Data/Element/News/news_edit.asp?ele_ch_id=N0000000000000001419).

vick-e
11-13-2005, 07:53 AM
haha dont be to jealous. One of them finally the died and putting in a new engine and re painting it soon in spring or summer.

so your supposed to use their pads?

they spokes man told me yes you do. my teacher told me by how the felt and i felt them to, the were like any other polishing pad.

White95Max
11-13-2005, 03:36 PM
If it`s just an abrasive polish, I see no need to use their pads. Every company is going to recommend that you use their pads with their polish, then their paint cleaner, then their sealant, and maintain it by washing with their soap and their QD.

Glossmaster
11-13-2005, 05:25 PM
THEIR it is!! :spit:

vick-e
11-13-2005, 08:34 PM
ok then ill keep buying lake country pads. unless anyone else can recomend me a site thats canada based to purchase new pads.

ill try the liquid ice on wednesday and tell you what i think of it.

White95Max
11-13-2005, 08:44 PM
Patrick at http://www.exceldetail.com is not BASED in Canada, but he`ll ship to Canada.

imported_Antoddio
11-16-2005, 01:11 PM
Norton Liquid Ice was used on my car. I didn`t do it myself, but supposedly they used the 3 pad system. It took out all the swirl markes and scratches, but did nothing to cut the acid rain spots I brought it in to fix.

I wonder how agressive it can be compared to some other compounds/polishes.

vick-e
11-16-2005, 03:07 PM
not very aggresive at all.

the demo guy came in today so i was allowed to try it. pretty simple to use he was using an air powered polisher going at 2500( i think that was to high but it was only one setting )

I tried it on a car with lots of swirls and truly enough it took most of it out. the Liquid ice is worth it i think...the 3 pad system can be substituted with other pads for sure but i do not know which pads will fit which and if that will give you same results. it is worth it if you do not have the shelf room or just doing quick work. I think i will try it at the shop i am working it. it seems like it will save me more time.

Scottwax
11-16-2005, 09:13 PM
Interesting. Like Bence noted, you can get similar results using Optimum Polish with different pads.

salty
11-16-2005, 11:10 PM
ok then ill keep buying lake country pads. unless anyone else can recomend me a site thats canada based to purchase new pads.

ill try the liquid ice on wednesday and tell you what i think of it.

eshine or carcaresmart sell LC pads in Canada.

The Norton products are marketed towards auto body shops.

SVR
11-17-2005, 01:01 AM
Norton are no longer in australia

They left just as I wanted to try some swirl mark removers of there`s which I have seen

Let us know how they go

vick-e
11-19-2005, 11:46 AM
im gona try it. my uncle wants to try it too so he aggreed to pay half so if he doesn`t like it. I can keep it or if he does like it Ill be helping him polish cars at his shop.

but from the 15 minutes I tried it for, it is nothing special. It does remove swirls and it does what it says it will but i couldn`t get a high high gloss shine I could get from step by step process.

It is for sure faster though! like salty said, it is directed to body shops for quick repairs.

03k20a2
11-19-2005, 12:55 PM
Norton came to my body shop about 2 weeks ago and i was there with the demo. I got to use the LiquidIce and found out that you can only use it on fresh paint. We have a charger in our shop that we painted about 3 weeks before and was sanded with 1200, 1500, then 2000 and the LiquidIce wouldnt take out the 2000grit marks on a rotary with their wool pad. We then tested it on a freshly painted car and did their steps. After sanding with 1500, we used a DA polisher to sand with 3000 and then buffed. It came out really nice but for the time it took, i wasnt impressed. We were left some samples and we only use it on black cars now