PDA

View Full Version : Having trouble with Durrmaid.. AGAIN!!

6']['9
11-12-2005, 11:14 AM
Well time has gone by since i purchased my durrmaid in jan of 04. my inital review of the machine can be seen here Durrmaid Link (http://autopia.org/forum/showthread.php?t=38505&highlight=durrmaid) And up until this point i personally have used the machine 4 times. Anthony used it to test it out. Case in point i purchased a maching thinking id be doing more interior work but thats not the case. My problem now is my dad decided to use it the other day for his truck and i told him go ahead gave him all the info on how to use it. So he tells me the water isnt coming out hot AGAIN... i call Detail king the next day and speak to the manager and discuss my situation all he says "sorry its out of warranty" but he offers to call dennis deurr to speak with him on why i have been having this constant problem.

I wait 2 days for a call back and i got nothing, so i called again and spoke to a Nick tell him my situation and he tells me too "well if its under warranty we cant cover the cost to fix it" Now my only reply at this time is "well if it doesnt function like its supposed to, to begin and technically speaking its defective from the get go then doesnt that make the warranty void. I politely asked if i can get it fixed, i dont want a refund i just want it fixed. Now theyre telling me im going to have to pay for parts and shipping and such.

Well im thinking last time i did this i spend 40 bucks to ship it and although the water doesnt drip like it did before, and the suction seems the same why doesnt this water get hot like its says in its description.

Im now thinking of other ways to get this resolved cause obviously detailking doesnt seem to interested in helping.

Keep in mind im posting this now cause like ive said before i dont even use the machine and its still sitting in the same box i received it in back in 04.

Any suggestions on how i can resolve this. Im starting to think i shouldnt have purchased this to begin with. :wall

thanks

Jay

imported_Reflections
11-12-2005, 12:02 PM
The Durrmaid machine was manufactured to certain specifications by Aztec. Aztec got sick of the bad press from the Durrmaid units and cancelled the contract. I am told the Aztec units have a different electrical harness as well as other parts, and are of superior quality and reliability.

Try contacting Aztec about the issue and see what they have to say. Unfortunately I cannot find any contact information for this company. A distributor that sells Aztec extractors might be able to offer you that information.

I hate to see you getting screwed around! Best of luck!

Spilchy
11-12-2005, 12:14 PM
Try contacting Aztec about the issue and see what they have to say. Unfortunately I cannot find any contact information for this company.

Here you go:

http://www.aztecproducts.com/index.cfm

Make sure you check this out and read it especially if Aztec made Durrmaid or whatever the case is:

http://www.aztecproducts.com/Service/overview.cfm

6']['9
11-12-2005, 04:29 PM
The Durrmaid machine was manufactured to certain specifications by Aztec. Aztec got sick of the bad press from the Durrmaid units and cancelled the contract. I am told the Aztec units have a different electrical harness as well as other parts, and are of superior quality and reliability.

Try contacting Aztec about the issue and see what they have to say. Unfortunately I cannot find any contact information for this company. A distributor that sells Aztec extractors might be able to offer you that information.

I hate to see you getting screwed around! Best of luck!

so how do i find out that info or is it on the site?

Also thanks for the luck