PDA

View Full Version : semi trucks???

03k20a2
11-12-2005, 07:01 AM
a guy asked me if i do semi-trucks. i told him i would get back with him. has anyone done semi`s before? what products did you use?

Super
11-13-2005, 05:58 PM
semi`s are hard to do only thing I can say right now is charge in the higher range

imported_truzoom
11-13-2005, 06:11 PM
Have lots of metal polish and be prepared to do a thorough pressure washing beforehand. I`ve never done a semi, but I did a Chevy 4500 and it was quite a work out.

Ron Harris
11-14-2005, 06:49 PM
I would say that you will need alot of degreaser. The frames and motors get very dirty. Around the fith wheel is pretty bad to. Plan on throwing away some of your towels after. If you have alot of aluminum to polish I would sugest you pick up a box of corn starch. It really helps remove the polish from the wheels and tanks.

boywonder
11-14-2005, 08:38 PM
Talk to rlspringer. He`s done one.

imported_mirrorfinishman
11-16-2005, 05:40 PM
a guy asked me if i do semi-trucks. i told him i would get back with him. has anyone done semi`s before? what products did you use?

You have to ask yourself if you really want to get involved in that phase of the business.

Personally, I would think that with the right clients there would be plenty of money available in order for them to have you maintain the appearance of their truck. If you need the business then you may want to slowly get involved to a point at which you can see whether or not you like doing that type of work.

Hey, I`ve got a regular customer who owns a farmers market and I take care of their full size garbage truck twice a year. When it was new a couple of years ago they only wanted the cab cleaned, polished and wax along with the interior. Now the entire vehicle gets detailed. Yes, the owner even has me climbing up on the roof of the trash box to make sure that roof gets cleaned, polished and waxed too.

Big trucks are big investments and most owners want to do everything possible to take care of the big money they have invested. That should be the real focus when it comes to detailing big trucks.