PDA

View Full Version : Need Polish Suggestion-Black Car

nonwelder
11-11-2005, 01:59 PM
Hi all-

I was using 1Z PP....not bad at all, but maybe I will change. Car is a 2005.5 VW Jetta in black. I was thinking of using OCP, PB SSR 2.5, or Mother`s Power Polish Any suggestions, even beyond these? I want a good general purpose polish. Over it, I will be using VW, Collinite, and then CMW. I may substitute EX for Collinite in the summer. Thanks for the help, I appreciate it!

Brett

3Dog
11-11-2005, 02:21 PM
Menzerna PO85RD. The best polish I have used in years. Works well with rotary, PC or Cyclo.

nonwelder
11-11-2005, 02:26 PM
Any chance of a sample or a smaller size?? I simply cannot afford a whole bottle right now. Any help here or another suggestion? Thanks!

3Dog
11-11-2005, 02:36 PM
At this point I havent seen anything smaller. You might contact CMA and ask. properautocare.com

DM101
11-11-2005, 02:43 PM
Buy and if you don`t like it I will buy it from you.

imported_flatstick
11-11-2005, 02:59 PM
Buy and if you don`t like it I will buy it from you.

That is a good idea . if you do not want to spend the entire amount ,I would be willing to go in on a buy with you and we can split the price. if you want to split it 50-50, 60-40 whatever .I can order it and send you half or whatever you are interested in. send me a PM if you are interested . Menzerna makes some great polishes .check out the recent threads about it. :2thumbs:

nonwelder
11-11-2005, 03:56 PM
Lemme think about it and let you all know, ok?

Thanks,

Brett

zippymbr
11-11-2005, 03:58 PM
I second the P085RD. Spend the money you wil not regret it. Second choice is a toss up between FP and OCP.

imported_Neothin
11-11-2005, 07:09 PM
so answer me these few questions... P085RD is a finishing polish correct? as in a polish that will remove a light haze, very light swirls, etc... basically a polish to enhance gloss right? then, would i see a huge difference on a dark metallic blue car, aka my car, if i finish with p085rd vs ocp?

imported_flatstick
11-11-2005, 07:27 PM
so answer me these few questions... P085RD is a finishing polish correct? as in a polish that will remove a light haze, very light swirls, etc... basically a polish to enhance gloss right? then, would i see a huge difference on a dark metallic blue car, aka my car, if i finish with p085rd vs ocp?

IMHO I would say p085rd. the stuff is expensive but worth every penny. the OCP seems to have a wider range . if you want the best finish on a dark color? my pick is Menzerna p085rd . if anybody wants to go halfs on a quart let me know. looks like I am picking up a lot more detailing this year. as somebody else said will save this stuff for me and the special customers.

imported_flatstick
11-11-2005, 07:30 PM
Lemme think about it and let you all know, ok?

Thanks,

Brett

If you decide you want half or maybe even an 8oz sample let me know. like I said I will buy it and can break it up for you. I love the Menzerna line and feel it is great on darker colors. :getdown

imported_Neothin
11-11-2005, 07:54 PM
If you can wait a bit ill split that bottle with you. Id like to try this stuff out but ive spent, uhhhh, around $350 on detailing supplies already this month and its only the 11th! Gimmie a week or two to save up money for the end of month expenses and then ill see if i have some extra cash around.

imported_flatstick
11-11-2005, 08:03 PM
If you can wait a bit ill split that bottle with you. Id like to try this stuff out but ive spent, uhhhh, around $350 on detailing supplies already this month and its only the 11th! Gimmie a week or two to save up money for the end of month expenses and then ill see if i have some extra cash around.

Wow that is a serious cash loss there... but well worth it I am sure. shoot me a PM when you know if you can do this. I am not going to be using it soon but wanted to get some feelers out there. wish we could get a good deal on a group buy on a case, gallons or whatever the larger quantities come in. I would buy it then could split it up. how is that for an offer ? if anybody thinks that may be feasible PM me.