PDA

View Full Version : Confused Newbie

saint1
11-11-2005, 07:01 AM
Hi,

First off I would like to thank everyone involved in this site for providing invaluable information in the art, ( and looking at some of the pictures posted it certainly is an art) of detailling!

As a complete beginner, I have been viewing various websites over the past month or so with a view to purchasing some essential products that will give me an excellent finish on my 2003 Black Mini Cooper and 2000 Silver VW Passat.

Each time I think that I`ve made my mind up along comes another view/opinion/group test to change it.

The only item that will be a definite purchase at the moment is the Porter Cable 7424, a product on which I have only read glowing reviews.

I had originaly decided on purchasing the Zaino range of products, but have since read posts that claim there are more suitable products out there that will give me a better finish on the Black Mini.

I am currently using Autoglym Shampoo and Harly Wax on both cars.

Anything that will give a good finish on the Passat would be considered, as I`ve always felt that even after spending hours on it, the finish doesn`t reflect the effort, alrthough this apparantly seems to be something that you have to live with on a VW Silver car.

Any help with my predicament would be greatly appreciated, and onvce again many thanks for the information gained so far.

Peter

imported_Neothin
11-11-2005, 07:12 AM
AIO/S100 or P21S looks really good on silver. Throw in a sealant between the two for some durability if you want. But keep in mind that alot of the shine and luster comes from proper preparation of the paint, not from the LSP`s. Your going to have to do a bit of polishing to get that shine your looking for.

3Dog
11-11-2005, 07:13 AM
You might consider the Sonus DAS PC Kit along with the Sonus Perfect Shine Kit. That should get you started good ( plus the PS21 looks great on silver) and then after getting a feel for things you can start branching out.

saint1
11-11-2005, 07:42 AM
Would you recommend these as the best products for my Black Mini as well, as this is the main vehicle that I want to achieve the best possible finish on.

Pete

imported_Gears
11-11-2005, 09:11 AM
Zaino products do produce a good look on most cars. The reason most people stay away from Zaino is the incompatibility with other products.

As I`m sure your noticed we all love to experiment with different combinations of polishes and LSPs.

As an owner of 3 silver cars I will agree that S100 is a great wax to for a deep reflective look. I also like the look of Megs #16 on silver, not as much shine but super depth.

On Black AIO,Megs #5 glaze topped with Nattys looks real good.