PDA

View Full Version : PB S&G plus water

Flynn
11-11-2005, 12:34 AM
My usual routine for my weekly car cleaning ends with me using an Aquablade to remove most of the water left on the car after rinsing. Rather than completely dry the car before applying PB S&G, I tend to just quickly go over the car with the S&G to bring out the finish on it.

My question is, is S&G affected by being slightly diluted due to the water residue left on the car? Should I try to completely dry the car before applying S&G or am I ok applying when there is still a little water on the car?

imported_Neothin
11-11-2005, 06:32 AM
I think you`ll be fine continuing what your doing. Alot of the QEW users here ad 5 or so shots of QD to their wash solution so that they don`t have to QD after they dry. Your just adding the QD during the after the rinsing step. It should be fine.

TGates
11-11-2005, 08:16 AM
I almost always do this to reduce surface friction as much as possible between the WW towel and paint surface. Plus it helps with any emerging water spots or runs. My favorite is to use a QD (any works but I like to use Adam`s Detail Spray for this specific step) when QEW`ing. Spray some on the panel you`re cleaning, right before you (gently) wipe it dry. I would assume adding a few squirts of qd to the wash bucket would achieve similar results.

Flynn
11-12-2005, 02:55 PM
Thanks for the advice guys.