PDA

View Full Version : Souveran over Zaino

Dave R32
02-01-2005, 06:33 AM
Hi Guys,

A guy I know has just Zaino`d his solid black BMW and is now asking if topping with Souveran will give it any extra depth?

I have no experience with Zaino so I thought I would turn to the experts.

Thanks in advance.

Dave.

MattZ28
02-01-2005, 11:14 AM
Souveran contains no cleaners, so it will not remove Zaino. I think it would be a good topper....Souveran seems to add depth and wetness to just about anything.

mike189
02-09-2005, 08:12 PM
I would be very interested to know how it turned out if your friend did the topper with Souveran on Zaino

mike189
02-20-2005, 07:35 PM
...on my father in law`s C5. Wash. Clay. Polish. Z2 Pro x 2. Souveran.

I must say I am impressed. The pictures don`t do it justice and I had mostly cloudy sky so its not "shining" much but it does look WET. Application was a breeze...I put it on with the PC/Black CMA pad then took it off with a nice plush microfiber from Pak Shak. I did a literal "panel at a time" from seam to seam and it always buffed off easy. I don`t know how it would do in bright sunlight. I did notice I was putting it on a little thick at first but by the time I turned the back end to come up the passenger side I had it figured out. I put it on the pad by letting the wax slide out of the container into my hand. I had on a rubber surgical glove. Then twist the wax cylinder two or three times onto the pad and go.

On a side note, I polished with PB 2.5 and a wool pad. The thing was spider webbed like crazy. That took out about 70 - 80% of the swirl/webs. PB 1 with an orange LC pad cleaned the slight marring left from the wool pad and gave me about 3 - 5% less web/swirls. It NEEDED a PB PP or Menzerna FP and a white pad but I didn`t have time. He needed it back to go to a party. :ticked

Ignore the rotors...they get bad orange when they get wet until ya` brake a few times.

later,

Mike
New Orleans

Dave R32
02-21-2005, 06:41 AM
Nice C5 Mike, we dont see a lot of those over here.

Your description answers my question in regards to Souveran over Zaino. I will talk to my friend and see what he wants to do, last time I spoke with him he was still layering the Zaino I think.

Cheers
Dave