PDA

View Full Version : Popular polishes that perform with PC

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

mpmiller37
11-10-2005, 03:07 PM
I wanted some comments on popular polishes that perform well with a PC that remove medium or light defects. Give me ones that are user friendly, and to get more specific how about on "black" cars :2thumbs:

imported_COBRyan
11-10-2005, 03:11 PM
The only polishes that I have tried that seem to work well with the PC are the Poorboy`s SSR`s. Meguiars seem to work better with the rotary, but SSR`s break down too quickly with the rotary. I wasn`t too impressed with Menzerna really.

I`m sure some will suggest Optimum as well.

imported_Neothin
11-10-2005, 03:20 PM
optimum works well on the PC only if you use it in a very specific way. in other words, you have to use the correct amount of polish, move the pc slowly enough, apply the right pressure, work the area for a long enough time, etc. When I first started using optimum, I hated the stuff. I couldn`t get defects out for crap. After a few uses though, I`ve gotten it figured out and now it`s my goto polish!

SamIam
11-10-2005, 03:41 PM
I like Einszett Work great with PC, the entire line.

DM101
11-10-2005, 03:42 PM
Menerza PO85RD is the best polish out there IMO. Use the right pad and you will end up with a shiny black ready for a lsp. It cost a little more but you won`t regret it. Trust me on this one. After doing my red I don`t want to put a lsp on it.

Accumulator
11-10-2005, 04:41 PM
Using 4" pads will make a lot of products work more effectively when it comes to medium-severity marring.

3Dog
11-10-2005, 04:44 PM
Menerza PO85RD is the best polish out there IMO. Use the right pad and you will end up with a shiny black ready for a lsp. It cost a little more but you won`t regret it. Trust me on this one. After doing my red I don`t want to put a lsp on it.

I AGREE!!!

RCBuddha
11-10-2005, 04:55 PM
No Question: Mother`s PowerPolish. Very easy to use/remove. I`ve been using PowerPolish with Excel Propel Pads with great success.

I`ve also used #80 with good results via PC.

imported_flatstick
11-10-2005, 05:14 PM
Quote:

Originally Posted by MDRX8

I AGREE!!!

Make that another vote for Menzerna have used the FPII and PO106FF . when you are finished polishing the car looks clear and lets you see the true color of your paint. as said already it is a shame to put an LSP on over it .

SpoiledMan
11-10-2005, 05:16 PM
Make that another vote for Menzerna have used the FPII and PO106FF . when you are finished polishing the car looks clear and lets you see the true color of your paint. as said already it is a shame to put an LSP on over it .

I didn`t!! :D:D

03COBRA
11-10-2005, 05:24 PM
Another vote here for PO85RD and FP II from Menzerna.

Never been let down by either of them.

FrizzleFry
11-10-2005, 05:25 PM
The menzerna polishes are all great products. I`ve used all of them with a PC with great success. I`ve used alot of different polishes from Optimum, Meguiar`s, etc and nothing finishes better. :) As for not using an LSP... I always do. Colinite IW845, FMJ and Carlack products have not reduced the finish quality when I`ve used PO106FF. Next step is to try some OCW.

imported_flatstick
11-10-2005, 05:26 PM
I didn`t!! :D:D :soscared: ... LOL !

SpoiledMan
11-10-2005, 05:40 PM
Don`t panic guys. It`s a cover queen!;)

imported_flatstick
11-10-2005, 05:44 PM
Don`t panic guys. It`s a cover queen!;)

That is good news many people would have had a meltdown, if not for your follow up :lol