PDA

View Full Version : Glass cleaning towels

Pages : [1] 2

Winston Wolf
01-31-2005, 11:20 PM
What are you all using as a towel to clean interior glass so it is streak free? I have read the best thing to use is surgical towels. If so where do you get them. If not what do you recommend as a towel?

truzoom
01-31-2005, 11:45 PM
<< 100% Terry cloth and Invisible Glass.

JaredPointer
02-01-2005, 09:13 AM
Some of the sponsors of DC have MF towels designed specifically for glass cleaning. I would suggest them, along with Stoner`s Invisible Glass or Sprayaway Glass Cleaner. Streak free and very clean. :bigups

69 GTO Judge
02-01-2005, 09:34 AM
As Steve from Poorboysworld has on his website..

16"x16" VELVET SMOOTH GLASS TOWEL (no tag)
Super for final buffing or polishing and unmatched for glass.

I use it with Invisible Glass or Poorboys Spray and Wipe.

No streaks with either product and super clean. :rockin

The Chee
02-01-2005, 10:08 AM
PB`S 16"x16" VELVET SMOOTH GLASS TOWEL
+ Adam`s DS or Invisible glass

kimwallace
02-01-2005, 10:56 AM
I am using two methods one proven one still in evaluation:
1. Using Invisible Glass, I spray on the glass and wipe off first with a white Bounty paper towel (no lint from these towels and white means no ink to cause streaks) ... if really dirty I repeat. The final wipe down is with a quality MF (like the 16x16 forrest green ones from PAC). If over-spray is an issue, I will spray directly on the paper towel.

2. Using Adams Detail Spray, I mist the window lightly and wipe off with a quality MF. So far I have seen zero streaks but I am not sure what is going to happen when the summer sun hits PA.
If I do not see problems using the DS, It will become my prefered method because it is much easier and quicker.

Patrick
02-01-2005, 10:58 AM
Kim Im with you and method #1......

mtwedt
02-01-2005, 01:02 PM
I purchased some glass cleaning cloths the are the "surgical type" from winner`s circle for a dollar apiece when they were on sale and they seem to be streak free for me. I use them with Stoner`s IG or Sprayaway

rollman
02-01-2005, 04:12 PM
I `ve tried most of different towels be they paper, heavy brown paper,shop towels, news print, terry , micro and finally I settled on surgical towels. Here`s why ( and this is JMO)
I like the size of them (16x24)they are lint free, heavy duty enough to scrub the nastiest of dirt , 2 towels will do one vehicle both 1 inside and 1 out . I like to fold the towel in 4ths and use 1 side to clean then flip it over to go back over the glass, doing this leaves me plenty of clean towel to finish the job. If you buy them in bulk you can usually get a great deal on them (.29 per towel ) these towels also work great for anything else you need to clean up after. The biggest thing I like about them is the toughness of them , there`s no reason your surgical towels won`t give you years and years of service. For my cleaner I ususally use Invisable Glass .

RCBuddha
02-01-2005, 05:17 PM
I just use the grey WW MF towel i got from PAC. Works well, and no streaks. I use Inivisible Glass, Sprayway or Eagle One 20/20....Just make sure you wash your windows well....

truzoom
02-01-2005, 05:26 PM
Are these the surgical towels you guys are referring to?

http://home.hkstar.com/~chinahwk/stowel.jpg

They seem just like the red shop rags that I use to clean up grease and oil.

rollman
02-01-2005, 05:53 PM
Are these the surgical towels you guys are referring to?

http://home.hkstar.com/~chinahwk/stowel.jpg

They seem just like the red shop rags that I use to clean up grease and oil.

They look like the surgical towels but they aren`t anything like red shop towels. Surgical towels also go by the name Huck towels . The weave of a surgical towel is different , its hard to explan ,you would have to see them for yourself. http://img54.exs.cx/img54/4963/sgtowel6lb.jpg

Xtreme
02-01-2005, 07:02 PM
rollman what else on a car can you use these type of towels for?

And what is a good price to buy them at??

Thanks!

rollman
02-01-2005, 07:59 PM
rollman what else on a car can you use these type of towels for?

And what is a good price to buy them at??

Thanks!

I use them on interiors along with cheap microfiber towels . Engine cleaning ( not on the greasy parts because heavy grease is a mess to get out in the wash ) also to apply dressings, clean wheels , tires , they make a good general towel do to the fact they are real strong. A good rule for use would be nothing greasy to where you think it won`t come out in the wash. Remember these towels will last you years if you treat them right. I don`t use them on paint. Price wise it depends how you buy them , by the doz expect to pay $1 a piece. Buying in bulk is much cheaper . Something to remember is these towels are mostly lint free and dont fuzz up .

Xtreme
02-01-2005, 08:04 PM
Cool! thank you rollman :) i saw 50 for like 18 bucks on ebay. so that should be a good price. but with shipping a bit more. so maby like 50 cents a piece. I don`t think i`ll need more then that for right now :)