PDA

View Full Version : No water spots?

Pages : [1] 2

VIPERxGTx2000
11-09-2005, 03:44 PM
Does anybody know of a good system to get rid of water spots. I know of the CR spotless system but I ordered from them 2 weeks ago and it still has not shipped. Will a reverse osmosis system work? I`m looking for a good system that I can use every week and not have to go out and buy another filter after every rinse like I did with the Mr. Clean Autodry. :think:

Setec Astronomy
11-09-2005, 04:28 PM
This is the first I`ve heard of any availability problems with the CRSpotless. Which size did you order? What are they saying the delay is?

White95Max
11-09-2005, 05:54 PM
Can`t you just dry your car thoroughly instead? Don`t allow the water spots to happen in the first place.

My neighbor likes to spray down his new black F150 with the hose every day. He never dries it. He uses some kind of water filter on the hose, but I still wouldn`t spray down a black truck in the sun and leave it to dry.

To answer your question, you can get rid of water spots easily with a strong paint cleaner like Klasse AIO, or most abrasive polishes will also do the trick.

For fresh/minor spots, a simple wash and/or QD will get rid of them.

VIPERxGTx2000
11-09-2005, 08:41 PM
This is the first I`ve heard of any availability problems with the CRSpotless. Which size did you order? What are they saying the delay is?

I ordered the DI100 rolling cart. I called a week later and the lady said that they were having some problem with a parts manufacturer but they should be getting in the parts soon then powder coated and shipped out. Nothing shipped another week later so I called again and she said that it`s on backorder and that it will ship out next week. Guess what i`m likely to hear next week? :hmph:

I have an orange Corvette, a black H2, a red IS300 and a black S430. It`s takes me twice as long to dry each car than to wash it. I figured, I might as well get a good spot free rinse system.

VIPERxGTx2000
11-09-2005, 08:49 PM
Can`t you just dry your car thoroughly instead? Don`t allow the water spots to happen in the first place.

My neighbor likes to spray down his new black F150 with the hose every day. He never dries it. He uses some kind of water filter on the hose, but I still wouldn`t spray down a black truck in the sun and leave it to dry.

To answer your question, you can get rid of water spots easily with a strong paint cleaner like Klasse AIO, or most abrasive polishes will also do the trick.

After using zaino, water spots come right off after a wash so that isn`t a major concern. Keeping an H2 spot free is the hard one. There are so many areas where water gets retained and slowly goes down the vehicle leaving white lines. Using deionized water would do the trick in that it will dry spot/streak free.

White95Max
11-09-2005, 09:00 PM
I see your point now. Even with deionized water, I`d still dry each car, but you`ll know that you won`t have hard water spots if any water is missed.

ZaneO
11-09-2005, 09:16 PM
Deionized water would be the way to go if you can get it.

VIPERxGTx2000
11-10-2005, 09:35 AM
I was thinking of getting this

http://www.aquaticreefsystems.com/Reverse_Osmosis_4Stage.htm

A lot cheaper than CR spotless and I suspect it will last a lot longer also. Any ideas?

imported_dirtdiggler
11-10-2005, 10:31 AM
DI system is the way to go. RO still contains minerals that causes waterspot.

The company i work for (www.kinetico.com) makes DI systems for commercial systems.

I work in the R&D wing so i have plenty of DI water at my convenience.

dirt diggler

VIPERxGTx2000
11-10-2005, 12:36 PM
This system has the water go through 2 pre-filters then a reverse osmosis membrane and then a Deionization cartridge. Going through the RO membrane should take care of most of the water so the DI cartridge will last longer. Each DI cartridge is supposed to go through 400-600 gallons before it`s obsolete and after that I can replace it for $20. Unlike the CR spotless system which would cost $171 to replace the cartridges for(using 600 gal. also).

CR spotless DI system

System $309+$40 shipping to florida

Replacement cartridges for 600gal $171+shipping

RO and DI system

System $150+$154 for 5 gal/minute pump+$25 Brute trash can from home depot to hold the RO and DI water for pumping(I got shipping included)

Replacement cartridges for 600gal $20(DI)+$16((1) 1 micron sediment filter, (1)1 micron carbon block)+shipping

So,

initial investment for CR spotless is $349

initial investment for RO and DI system $329

Replacement cartridges for 600 gallons

CR spotless $171+shipping

RO and DI system $36+shipping

NOW hopefully the RO and DI system will give me a good spot free rinse like i`ve heard the CR spotless system does. :)

It should be here by monday.

synergi
11-12-2005, 08:01 AM

It was my first attempt with AIO (by hand) the other day on my old car - just wanted to test the product out before I start on the new car. Didn`t remove the water spots on the roof and bonnet (hood?). Tried 2 applications!

White95Max
11-12-2005, 03:19 PM
What were you applying the AIO with? Foam pad? If so, try a MF applicator or terry applicator.

It always helps to use it with a PC. You get much better cleaning action with a machine.

Also, if the spots have been there for a long time, it can be a bit of work to get them out. How long have the spots been on the car?

imported_mrecktid
11-12-2005, 03:28 PM
This system has the water go through 2 pre-filters then a reverse osmosis membrane and then a Deionization cartridge. Going through the RO membrane should take care of most of the water so the DI cartridge will last longer. Each DI cartridge is supposed to go through 400-600 gallons before it`s obsolete and after that I can replace it for $20. Unlike the CR spotless system which would cost $171 to replace the cartridges for(using 600 gal. also).

CR spotless DI system

System $309+$40 shipping to florida

Replacement cartridges for 600gal $171+shipping

RO and DI system

System $150+$154 for 5 gal/minute pump+$25 Brute trash can from home depot to hold the RO and DI water for pumping(I got shipping included)

Replacement cartridges for 600gal $20(DI)+$16((1) 1 micron sediment filter, (1)1 micron carbon block)+shipping

So,

initial investment for CR spotless is $349

initial investment for RO and DI system $329

Replacement cartridges for 600 gallons

CR spotless $171+shipping

RO and DI system $36+shipping

NOW hopefully the RO and DI system will give me a good spot free rinse like i`ve heard the CR spotless system does. :)

It should be here by monday.

Make sure to update this thread with your results.

VIPERxGTx2000
11-12-2005, 07:53 PM
Make sure to update this thread with your results.

Will do :buffing:

synergi
11-13-2005, 03:55 AM
What were you applying the AIO with? Foam pad? If so, try a MF applicator or terry applicator.

It always helps to use it with a PC. You get much better cleaning action with a machine.

Also, if the spots have been there for a long time, it can be a bit of work to get them out. How long have the spots been on the car?

Used a foam pad ("German Dual"), don`t have a PC - new to the detailing game. I guess the MF would allow a bit more "grunt" when applying the AIO??

Car is 3 yrs old and never used to dry after washing! Now I know better however!