PDA

View Full Version : Popular products that didn`t work out for you

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

imported_NHBFAN
11-08-2005, 06:38 PM
I`ve tried many products in the last few years always looking for the latest and greatest.

Here are a few products that have respectable popularity here that just didn`t work out for me:

1) KSG - when I purchased my current car new I clayed it, polished with AIO (which I like alot) and put something like 5 x KSG even using different methods including removing with Sonus. Never did achieve the great shine I was expecting.

2) CK`s QS - although I respect Scottwax`s opinons greatly I never got excited about QS. It`s not bad, but to me it doesn`t blow OTC qd`s e.g. E1 W&S away.

3) WG - the whole line was disappointing to me, but it was "all the rage" for a minute here.

4) NXT - although I like the reflectivity I get on light colors paired with AIO, I`ve had problems with smearing and durability is questionable.

Ok ... flame away :chuckle:

imported_COBRyan
11-08-2005, 06:50 PM
WG- Decent slickness, but it muted the flake and durability was not there

NXT Tech Wax- Horrible durability, darkened the paint a little too much

Klasse SG- Difficult to use (especially when on a time constraint), look was somewhat plain

Zaino- too much of a hassle, didn`t have the look I wanted, slow to dry

Tropi-Care Detail Spray and Polish- the spray didn`t have much lubricity and didn`t care for the smell. the polish smelled good but wasn`t slick at all nor durable

Poorboy`s Polish w/Carnauba (white)- Easy enough to use, but very little polishing ability and durability was not what I expected for a one-step. May try the blue version soon

Eagle 1 Wipe and Shine- Bad smell, not very slick

Meguiar`s Water Magnet- I do like this product, but it is little hard to ring out. Could be a little softer too. I am still using this product, so I probably shouldn`t put it on here. I just feel it could be improved.

a.k.a. Patrick
11-08-2005, 06:57 PM
NHB, good thread topic! We share some misery.....

1. SG, hated it, ended up giving it away.

2. Wolfgang, he whole product line was a dissapointment for me, gave that away also.

3. NXT, user friendly, just way below average durability.

4. Same can be said for Megs #20, although I like it better then NXT.

5. Megs 83. Not worth the hassle. Glad I found something that was/is more user friendly.

JeffM
11-08-2005, 07:09 PM
EX

Anything that stains trim

A Wheel Sealant

S&W

S&G

Some MF`s here are recomended from time to time, i dont like them.

Optimum Polish-doesnt do it for me with a PC

NXT Cockpit dessing

#24 paste

Megs Body brush-swirls black paint-great on white work trucks

AIO- only paint cleaner i have, but i could do without it-dont use it much.

imported_NHBFAN
11-08-2005, 07:14 PM
S&G

What didn`t you like about S&G?

I just ordered a gallon of it.

imported_NHBFAN
11-08-2005, 07:30 PM
1. SG, hated it, ended up giving it away.

SG is the biggest mystery to me. Some people swear by it, but I have absolutely no use for it, and I gave it several opportunites with many types of application methods.

On top of being a PITA it didn`t produce a great shine.

As much as I love AIO I hate SG. Permanently demoted to wheel duty.

wannafbody
11-08-2005, 07:42 PM
Poorboys EX with Carnauba- very difficult to apply-looked OK tho

4830Deuce
11-08-2005, 07:43 PM
SSR 2.5 - Crap, I was an IP user before I tried it and it was a big step down, huge step down...crap had the cutting power of FPII and finished like poo poo...I now use Opt. Polish...

Wolfgang Deep Gloss Sealant - It does give an OK look all the way around but nothing really stood out about it, it traded off being great at either depth, or shine and just gave a little of both...

KSG - I bought a 32 oz. of this one and will have it for years to come, the only way I could find any benefit from it was to top it with a carnauba...which is just kinda stupid...

great thread by the way! :woot:

-Justin

Dacali
11-08-2005, 07:51 PM
I haven`t tried many products, but here are the ones I remember (from about two years ago).

Klasse AIO - Great easy to use product. I use it on random stuff inside the house occasionally (like shower walls).

Klasse SG - Never did quite figure out how to apply it correctly. It looked greated when I did use it though. I`m going to need to find something easy to use and durable to replace it with.

ClearKote Moose Wax - I didn`t like the way it looked on my black paint. It didn`t look as deep or wet as S100 on my paint. It was probably due to incorrect application the one time I did use it though. I didn`t know it was a cleaner wax at the time and tried to top the Klasse Twins with it. Oops!

P21S/S100 - My choice for a LSP. I just wished it lasted longer. I may try Optimum Spary Wax if it is easier to use and more durable.

-Dacali

imported_DARKSTI
11-08-2005, 07:51 PM
SSR 2.5, only added hazing, never got any swirls out on 2 cars i tried.

Optimum Car Wash, ill finish it up, but not very slick and suds dont last long.

s2skimon
11-08-2005, 07:59 PM
interesting thread..

i`d have to say as of late, the Meg`s water magnet.

souveran , for the price I paid, my natty`s blue kicks its *** big time

lack of durability in lake country pads

optimum compound prefer dacp w/ rotary

optimum polish prefer dacp w/ rotary

imported_NHBFAN
11-08-2005, 08:08 PM
souveran , for the price I paid, my natty`s blue kicks its *** big time

Came very close to biting the bullet and ordering PS on many occasions but never did.

My NB is on the way though. :grinno:

White95Max
11-08-2005, 08:21 PM
#9! It is so mild, and it claims to be useful for removing swirls by hand. Bah!

#18 Clear Plastic Detailer - I haven`t found many uses for it, although it does work well to clean CDs.

Mothers Plastic Polish - I like PlastX a lot better.

I`m surprised about the WG comments. I like the sealant a lot, and the tire gel is my favorite of all my tire products. I love how Natural Look looks on my tires, but the look I want only lasts for a few days. I keep going back to applying WG on them.

imported_COBRyan
11-08-2005, 08:22 PM
Good thread! I am rethinking some of my future purchases now!

imported_COBRyan
11-08-2005, 08:24 PM
Poorboys EX with Carnauba- very difficult to apply-looked OK tho

That`s the first time I have heard that!