PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone used Aquapel before?

Pages : [1] 2

Maknmony
11-07-2005, 03:55 PM
Hello everyone,

It`s been along time since i posted anything, so i wanted to ask the pros about Aquapel. Has anyone ever used this product? They claim it to be better the Rain X and last 6x times longer, is this true? 1 application of this product should last 4-6 month`s and save your wipers. Please if anyone has used this or any item like it, let us know. I`m looking for a long lasting window dressing.

Thank you,

Sellncars

Anthony O.
11-07-2005, 06:02 PM
Aquapel is great stuff. I recommend it and use it.

Anthony

psl car wash
11-07-2005, 06:18 PM
Aquapel is great stuff. I recommend it and use it.

Anthony

DITTO ^^^^^ :xyxthumbs

Craigster
11-08-2005, 07:55 AM
Anthony,

I just got a few samples of Aquapel from SEMA. Any tips you can pass along?

tom p.
11-08-2005, 08:07 AM
Aquapel is a truly great product, especially when compared to RAINX.

imported_Totoland Mach
11-08-2005, 01:59 PM
I use Aquapel and like it. Make sure your glass is clean before the application. Use a good cleaner: Stoner`s IG or equivalent.

ONE BOO-BOO I encountered with Aquapel. I thought I`d try an application of Rain X on a windshield that had Aquapel applied about a month or so before. DON`T EVER DO THIS!!!!!

The Rain X hazed and would not remove! Panic City for me! The only portion of Rain X that I could buff somewhat was the windshield wiper path area...scary. I finally resorted to soaking a paper towel in Rain X, and immediately buffing a small area. Took about 1 hour to remove the hazed Rain X.

Word to the wise: Start with Aquapel and stay with Aquapel.

Totoland Mach

kpounds
11-08-2005, 02:22 PM
Anthony,

I just got some for the 1st time last week. The main advice I read here was to be sure your windows are very clean before applying. I washed normally first with car wash soap, then used a 50/50 mix of alcohol & water (2X) to get it as clean as possible. Also I wanted to get 2 back-to-back applications on the windshield from one tube. Use it THINLY and you should be able to do it.

stilez
11-08-2005, 04:27 PM
Word to the wise: Start with Aquapel and stay with Aquapel.

I fully agree.

Here are some things I noted about Aquapel...

Application

-Use a glass polish and IPA prior to putting on Aquapel

-Apply OUT OF THE SUN. Otherwise, you will never get the residue off.

-Apply it in the garage and let it sit on for a while (1 hour).

-Go over the entire car with the same vile about 5 times to make 1 uniform, thin coat.

-Start with the windshield as it takes the most abuse and you want to be sure to use the most product there.

Performance

-Actually does make beads stand at 110*. It`s quite amazing...looks like they are being lifted off glass.

-Driving speeds are needed to be higher to produce the "Rain-X" effect. Yes, it beads water well, but it doesn`t fly off as easy as Rain-X.

-I have it on 2 vehicles (1 indoor, 1 outdoor) and both are beading well after 3 months

-Make sure you have new, "treated" (strong water based dressing) wipers

So, does it live up to the hype?

I think so, yes. The price is a bit up there but it lasts a LONG time and performs as advertised. I am contemplating offering it in a new package I call "The Foul Weather Package" which will include polishing the windows inside and out, then using Aquapel on the exterior. I think this will prove success for people who do a lot of driving, especially in the more weathered parts of the globe.

Hope this helps.

Chubs
11-09-2005, 01:16 PM
I used aquapel last year during the winter. Mainly put it on the plow trucks for plowig snow. This stuff works great. Living up here getting over 120" of snow a year is pretty rough on trucks. I also hate having a drity windshield. Using aquapel was great, the windshield stayed clean longer and I didn`t get the ice build up (while plowing) that I normally would. When we first started in the morning and had to brush off the trucks, snow or ice didn`t stick to the windshield.

But for me during the summer, since my cars are garage kept and washed all the time I just Q`D the windshield and windows. That normally works better than rainx and is cheaper than aquapel since I have Q`D for other things as well.

I like your idea of the foul weather package you have GSRstilez. :up PM me with the rest of the foul weather package that you have. If you don`t mind. That is one of the things I`ve been working on to intrigue more customers before the winter months, but have yet to come up with something that I like.

Chubs

jwardell
04-27-2006, 09:08 AM
For the past few months I did a test of Aquapel vs. RainX on both sides of my windshield. I am very impressed with aquapel. See my post here (http://www.jwardell.com/mini/2006/04/11/rain-x-vs-aquapel/) with photo and video of the results.

tomstin
04-27-2006, 10:15 AM
I love the stuff! It last much longer than rainx and seems much clearer. Try here http://www.autobodydepot.net/scripts/depot.exe?pgm=aquapel.bbx&OVRAW=aquapel&OVKEY=aquapel&OVMTC=standard

imported_SHICKS
04-27-2006, 10:28 AM
I agree it`s great. I have it on my BMW since last October, and it`s going strong.

Anthony O.
04-27-2006, 02:03 PM
Anthony,

I am truly sorry I did not see this sooner, my bad :doh

I am though thankful that others posted up some great advice on using Aquapel!! :xyxthumbs

Anthony

Beason
04-27-2006, 02:55 PM
and place local you could pick it up?

imported_SHICKS
04-27-2006, 06:20 PM
and place local you could pick it up?

I`ve got a few applications of Aquapel that I`d be willing to trade.