PDA

View Full Version : All those products

zannard
01-31-2005, 01:28 PM
Ok, So I haven`t tried Poorboys products as of yet. I have used mostly Meguiars.

My question is whether it is Poorboys, Meguiars, or Griots garage. There is so many products. Let`s take Meguiars since I have used them the most. There is SO many products that it becomes overwhelming and a bit confusing. Sometimes I`m very unsure which product is best for the job or which product is just plain better. I comprehend the fact that depending on the condition of your car will determine how abrasive a product you need, but sometimes Meguiars doesn`t break it down very well unless you are using the numbered professional products.

So how do you know what to use without buying everthing on the market to try. Meguiars has their NXT lines, Gold Class, Professional line, and then some.
The other thing is availability. I don`t mind buying items online, but sometimes I need them now or just like going to the store to buy them.

Anyhow, should I just stick to the professional line?

Oh, and I will be trying poorboy`s and some of the other lines that seem to be talked a lot about on this site.

last, I guess the big question is WHY SO MANY PRODUCTS from Meguiars?

thanks

GregCavi
01-31-2005, 03:00 PM
Ok, So I haven`t tried Poorboys products as of yet. I have used mostly Meguiars.

My question is whether it is Poorboys, Meguiars, or Griots garage. There is so many products. Let`s take Meguiars since I have used them the most. There is SO many products that it becomes overwhelming and a bit confusing. Sometimes I`m very unsure which product is best for the job or which product is just plain better. I comprehend the fact that depending on the condition of your car will determine how abrasive a product you need, but sometimes Meguiars doesn`t break it down very well unless you are using the numbered professional products.

So how do you know what to use without buying everthing on the market to try. Meguiars has their NXT lines, Gold Class, Professional line, and then some.
The other thing is availability. I don`t mind buying items online, but sometimes I need them now or just like going to the store to buy them.

Anyhow, should I just stick to the professional line?

Oh, and I will be trying poorboy`s and some of the other lines that seem to be talked a lot about on this site.

last, I guess the big question is WHY SO MANY PRODUCTS from Meguiars?

thanks

HEllo

If you are going to go with the meguiars line i would definatly do the professional line. Some polishes that may be useful could be #83 #80 #9. If you want the polishes right then maybe check a napa store or a hardware store. If i want a meguiars item i can go into napa and they will have it for me the next day.

The next thing i woudl recomend is shop around. Try as many products as you can. As you start using more you will start getting to know your favorites and your go-to items. You will find that the sponsers on the forum are super helpful with product reccomendations. They are all great to deal with and want to satisfy you and help you acheive great results.

Lastly, why so much meguiars? I think that meguiars wants a line for the average joe to use those are the consumer products found mostly at targets and so forth. For the avid detailer meguiars has a whole slew of products to satisfy what you want to do. That is my best guesstimate.

hope this helps

GREG

tubafeak
01-31-2005, 03:32 PM
If their available, the Meg`s pro stuff is great. Everything I have used from that line has been immensely effective. I like poorboy`s too, but you can`t get that locally, so that may not be the best thing. Every once in a while, a cheaper consumer product will end up being comparable to a pro product, like TW Ultra Gloss for doing your friend`s cars at greatly reduced rates, or anything from the dollar store, but that`s usually not the case, so the less color you get on the label, the better usually.