PDA

View Full Version : Comparing polishes...

Pages : [1] 2

05Sleeper
11-07-2005, 08:01 AM
I want to know if someone here can compare Menzerna P085RD and Zaino ZPC polishes. They both proclaim to do the exact same thing. I just want soemthing that is going to give me better results than FP II and my final polishig step. Can anyone shed some light on this? :think:

3Dog
11-07-2005, 11:39 AM
Never used ZPC but I can say if my house catches fire, I will run and save my PO85RD. (Kids your on your own!!!)

05Sleeper
11-07-2005, 11:41 AM
Ha Ha LMAO!!!

zippymbr
11-07-2005, 12:05 PM
No way is ZPC anything like P085RD. It seems like ZPC is geared more to a DA while the P085RD is a rotary polish that works will with a DA. I get fantastic results with the Menzerna but I do not think that I will run into a burning garage to rescue it. LMAO I may however run in to save my rotary!

imported_rfinkle2
11-07-2005, 12:10 PM
PO85RD is unbelievable, imo. FPII is also good , but on my black car, I would not put an LSP on without final finishing w/ PO85RD.

There is NO hazing left after using it under sun, halogen, flourescent, incandescent, etc.

I have used ZPC, and it leaves the surface very clean, but I find that I still have to follow up (on my black truck) with PO85RD to be satisfied.

05Sleeper
11-07-2005, 01:10 PM
what kind of car are you using it on?

Also, can i use VM with my PC as a final touch up aftre the FP II?

BTW, I havea PC

imported_rfinkle2
11-07-2005, 01:16 PM
I use a PC too, and believe it or not, VM (if I`m not mistaken has some abrasives) may slightly dull the finish given by FPII or PO85RD which would be evident only after the oils (in the VM) have dissipated.

When you use FPII or PO85RD, I find it hard to beat the gloss given (pure gloss given by a smooth clearcoat), and I`m not sure I see any benefit using a glaze.

If it were me, I`d go straight to my LSP.

DM101
11-07-2005, 01:24 PM
Agree w/ 3 dog never used ZPC PO85RD ready for lsp, glaze or any non abrasive product It is already so shiny RMG with PIN Souveran my choice.

05Sleeper
11-07-2005, 01:35 PM
I was only wondering about it because I called CMA today and the sales rep told me that he would not recommend the PO85RD because he said that I do not have a ceramiclear finish on my audi... does this sound right? I just want to get the absolue BEST prep I can for my car.

This is why I am asking here to find out if the ZPC will give the same finish as the PO85RD.

imported_rfinkle2
11-07-2005, 01:46 PM
It is true that PO85RD is made specifically for the cerimclear finishes, but I use it on my conventional clear, with no problems.

If I may, a few quotes from Proper Auto Care:

1) "PO85RD is the lightest cut, best used for burnishing an almost perfect surface to a glass-like finish. PO106FF contains a higher percentage of powder for more power. It is designed to remove very fine (3000 grit) swirls and blemishes. If you`re a Menzerna customer, these polishes are like Final Polish II on steroids!"

THEY DO ALSO SAY THESE ARE NOT PRODUCTS FOR THE PROFESSIONAL, OR THE ENTHUSIAST, but go on to say...

2) Update, June 2005

" We`ve just been told by Menzerna that PO85RD and PO106FF are being widely adopted (in Europe) as the industry standard for the refinishing of both ceramic and conventional clear coats. We`re told that these new polishes are being used by Mercedes Benz at the Stuttgart plant with the Grüne Riese (Green Giant) Polishing Pad using dual-action machine polishers. "

NOTICE THE MENTION OF CONVENTIONAL CLEARS.

COntradictory to say the least, however I have used it many times, and it seems to be so mild, that I cannot see a problem with using it. If you do a search, there are many po85rd posts.

If your car is silver, and you feel more comfortable though, FPII is very close to the 85RD, and IMO, there may not be a discernable difference.

4830Deuce
11-07-2005, 02:26 PM
what about 106FF i here people talkinga about 85rd all the time but never anything about FF why is that? does 85RD leave that much better of a shine? Also how much more agressive is FF over RD...sorry for stealing the thread, I just didnt want to start a new one... :D ....

-Justin

3Dog
11-07-2005, 03:39 PM
From the descriptions on CMA, I dont see any advantage to having both. Someone that has done a 3 step that includes FF might chime in with some advantage of having it. I have used Power Gloss then 85 and that was all that was necessary to prepare for LSP.

FrizzleFry
11-07-2005, 03:48 PM
what about 106FF i here people talkinga about 85rd all the time but never anything about FF why is that? does 85RD leave that much better of a shine? Also how much more agressive is FF over RD...sorry for stealing the thread, I just didnt want to start a new one... :D ....

-Justin

I use only 106FF for final polishing now. With a black car, I`ll go from IP to 106FF and finish off w/ my LSP. No problems. Here are some pics to show you what the results are from IP, PO106FF and FMJ

http://www.attn-to-details.com/vehicles/accord_10_12_05/

This is a red car with IP, FP2, FMJ

http://www.attn-to-details.com/vehicles/bmw_z_9_30_05/

And this is black with IP, FP2, FMJ

http://www.attn-to-details.com/vehicles/black_celica_09_15_05/

In these pictures it`s difficult to see any improvement on gloss for PO106FF over FP2. But there is a difference in person. That last step with PO106FF and a finishing or polishing pad makes a world of a difference to bring an amazing gloss to the cars. I recently only used PO106FF on my G35 and went straight from that to my LSP. Amazing gloss. You really have to see it in person. :)

4830Deuce
11-07-2005, 04:20 PM
I guess what im asking is should i get FF and use it as a very mild swirl remover or should I get RD and use it as a polish i want one for the other and i dont know if FF is going to do that for me...

-Justin

3Dog
11-07-2005, 04:34 PM
I would vote RD